Chapter 3: 🅱️erry 🅱️ushes

Just before you could get that last word out of your mouth, you heard a loud thud but no pain. "H uh" you inspect closer and siren head actually dropped a couple of berry bushes infront of you. "A-are these for me..?" Of course, you didn't expect an answer but you heard a single word blare from siren head's siren "Ý̵̡͉̪͋͐̋̄̕̕e̷̥̊̐̉̐s̶͛͊.̶̛̛͙̱̜̬͇͓͉̀̐̾̽"
"w Hat" you said, you didn't expect an answer or even acknowledgement from it. "You,, you can t a l k ?" "V̸̺̞̣̅e̷̥͚̙͆r̶͈̽͠y̶͓̏.̴̼͒ ̴̯̜̃͂ ̴̡̏͐̔ ̴͇͆̓L̷̡͙̓͜ḯ̵̠͎͇m̵̙͑͠ỉ̶̧̨̦̉̔ẗ̵̞̝́͌ě̴̳͖̙d̴̗̿̌" this time if was a different voice for each word, you kept on trying to think how this thing could possibly talk and sound human all be it a little fuzzy sounding, as if coming from a radio. "Wait,, you can understand me? And you can repeat things you hear through radio signals right? That's how you make that siren noise and I'm guessing how your able to speak? Because your just using words you've heard since you can't make your own right?" You felt that all that might be a bit much for siren head to answer with it's limited vocabulary so all you got in return is "Ą̷̱̦͑̉̓ļ̸̡̙̟̅l̵̲̒,̷͚̪̟̆̒̈́.̷̭̲͇̉ ̸͚̝̜̅̃̊̊C̷̹̹͇͊̈o̷̙̯̘͚̓r̵̹̮̣͍͌r̵͖̣̀̚͜ḙ̸̳̜̆c̷̞̿̀͛̋ṱ̵̈́͋͗̀" "this is crazy" you said to yourself, first you get taken captive by a cryptid and now your talking to one and getting answers to questions. "I have a question, why didn't you kill me when I knocked myself out on a rock?" Siren head was silent for a second, you thought on how he wouldn't want to kill you since he's presumably killed people before so what made you so different? "Ẅ̸̢͙̗̄͝a̶̖̓͊ň̸͎̉ẗ̷͍̟̤́̽e̴̟͉̖̎d̶̖̅,̸̪͂.̴̙̮̱̊̅͝ ̴͚̔̽̚F̸͉̦̅͝ṟ̷̈́͜i̸̢̪͠ẹ̴̇͋̾n̴͖̉̐d̵̢͍̯͗̚" "Y-you wanted a friend?" This was getting just a l it t le too weird for you, first you discover this cryptid can talk and now they want to be your friend? Why would they want a friend now of all times when they could have just used you as a quick meal? "Why would you want me a friend? Don't you kill and eat humans or something?" "R̵̛̹̽̄ȩ̶̓g̷̛̙̃r̶̛͓͙͗̔e̷̝̩̊̌ṭ̷͙̂͆̈" "how could a cryptid regret something it normally does?" You thought, trying to think of some logical explanation on how it could regret something it's done probably dozens of times. You didn't think about it anymore because You probably couldn't get answers on it anyways with how little it talks. "Haha maybe...maybe I could be a cryptid's friend? That would be a fun tale to tell" you thought about it for a bit, just sitting there in silence as you are the berries from the bushes siren head uprooted and brought to you, without them you'd go hungry. You thought "well he hasn't killed me yet, he took me in and didn't leave me to die in the forest, fed me so I don't starve and on top of all that he wants to be friends and regrets the things he's done in the past,, is it even a he,, anyways maybe I should give him a chance" you got Siren head's attention and said "h-hey I'll be your friend, just promise to let me leave and maybe show me the way out of this forest once my leg gets better alright?" "Y̵̠̗͗̒̍e̶̳̱͊̍̓s̷͎̀͗.̴̯̣́ ̸̗̹̼̾͊͝ ̸̹͍̅O̴̦̺̒͌ ̵̝̟͑͒f̷̙̪̯̔̊̀ ̵̘̪̫̿ ̸̫̂c̴̖͗̐̐ó̴̪͙͍̈́̀ư̶̲̼̑̽ȓ̴͔̱s̴̫̺̊e̶̛̩͘" you don't know what you just got into but you think you'll be alright since your with a big strong lanky telephone pole that you can call your friend now.