• 74 •

Author's note: Sorry for late update, I was held up by other things (and my notifcations)

True to his words, Xue carried Cecil the clinic room in the academy. The door was open, hence, Xue just walked in and Cecil was quiet the entire time.

She had long given up to struggle, or even plead for Xue to let her down.

The clinic room was quiet, with unoccupied three white beds at the right side of the room with the curtains tucked neatly at corners of the bed. The other side was furnished with cupboards and counters that held medical equipments, herbs and flowers, along with containers were ointments.

There was a table at the end of the room, situated behind the large windows, the bright sunlight filtering through the blinds. There were documents and books scattered across the table, and the chair was empty.

Xue glanced around, seeing no signs of the healer in the room. He walked towards the bed, gently placing Cecil on it.

Cecil was more than eager to get out his arms.

"Xue, I'm fine now, you can go." Cecil forced a smile on her face.

Xue stood up straight, giving her an indifferent stare as he tapped his fingers on his arm.

Cecil was confused for a second, blinking.

His arm...?

Xue glanced down at her arm, and she followed his gaze.

Ah, the wound on my arm.

"It's alright, I'll get the ointment on my own--"

"I'll get it."

Xue walked off without another word, heading towards the cupboard that were filled with small containers, opening it up. It was made up of wood, with its exterior being glass to allow users to see through.

Cecil closed her mouth, furrowing her eyebrows at Xue.

Why is the lord protagonist being so fussy over a small scratch on my arm?

No, in the first place, why is he showing this much concern for me?

Cecil didn't know whether to feel touched at the lord protagonist openly showing his concern, or to feel guilty because this position should belong to Hana.

Xue was still browsing through the containers, looking utterly clueless. Cecil blinked in realisation, she forgot that Xue had no clue when it comes to anything medical.

Cecil got down from the bed, smiling to herself when her legs weren't numb anymore. She shuffled her way towards Xue, standing beside him.

"Let me get it, I've been here enough to know which ointment it is." Cecil stated, her eyes scanning the containers.

The healer always told me, the second row is where the basic ointments are at.

I just have to smell them, to know which one it is.

Cecil stretched her uninjured arm out, taking a container, lifting the cover, smelling it. "Not this one, it was more sweeter."

Xue gazed at the raven-haired woman beside him, the fragrance of herbs and flowers drifting off from her. She inhaled the scent of the ointment, shaking her head when it wasn't the one she was looking for.

"You are interested in medicine?" Xue questioned.

Cecil nodded with a hum. "Ever since I visited the healer after the tournament, I've been learning bit by bit. The medical books, books about herbs and flowers, I just find myself attracted to them, they are so interesting to read about. When we were still in the academy, I keep finding myself back here, asking the healer countless questions."