Chapter 63

"Baby, wake up"

"Anvi, wake up, we have an appointment with the doctor today"

"Anvi, please baby wake up", he said but I just whined and hugged him closer.

"5 more minutes please Arjun", I said and laid my head on his chest. But that was when the aching in my shoulder began. I winced at sat up.

"What happened?"

"My shoulder, it's pricking", I said and winced once again as the pain started increasing. He ran a hand through my hair to fix the nest and then picked me up and took me to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Arjun, it's aching a lot", I whined as he parked the car.

"Shhh... We've come here right, it's going to be okay", he said as he jogged over to my side and opened the door for me. He quickly picked me and and started walking inside the hospital.

"You know, my shoulder is aching, not my legs", I said.

"Yeah, but I'm sure you'll manage to fall down with that cast around your shin", he said and I just rolled my eyes.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Malhotra", the doctor greeted me and then helped me sit down on the bed as he inspected the bullet wound.

"Oh god, seems like your wound was healing well until it got infected"

"Uh what?"

"It may have been that the bandage may have come off during the night and the wound may have become infected"

"Yes, the bandage did come off last night, but Arjun put it back when he found out"

"Yes my dear, but are you sure that Mr. Malhotra put it back right when the bandage came off?"

"Uh..."

"So maybe that's the reason it's become infected"

"So what do we do?"

"Well, I'll just ask a nurse to clean the wound properly to get rid of the puss, and then put a fresh bandage and prescribe some medicines for the pain", he said as he called a nurse who worked on my wound.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

After a week, finally my bandage from my shoulder was finally out. My shin bone was healing and the rib cage was fully healed. Finally, I could work without anyone's help.

Currently I was sitting in my office when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in"

"Seems like brother dearest finally fired you from the job", Anuradha said.

"Bitch what?"

"Oh and seems like you've got a tongue"

"What's the point of coming over here, if you're here to waste my time then please go because I'm very busy"

Her heels clicked on the floor as she made her way over to my desk and settled down in the chair.

My phone pinged and I smiled as I saw it was Arjun informing me that he was coming over to pick me up.