FORTY

40 | THE PERFECT DAY

   THEY spent a total of three and a half hours together in Harry's room. In that time, Winter had somehow maneuvered herself so she was lying down with her feet in Harry's lap as he intensely played the game.

During this, she stayed on her phone either texting Sitara, reading, shifting through the news, or binge-watching 80 Day Fiancé. She was only waiting for Harry to say that he was hungry so she could take him to the next part of his birthday.

A sushi bar in downtown Auradon was waiting for them.

Just the thought of the delicious food waiting for them had her stomach growling. Harry was taken out of his intense gaming-mode by the sound, the pirate immediately snapping his head toward the girl who was lounging next to him.

He had been leaned forward with his elbows resting on his knees and the game control clutched firmly in his hands. Winter's sock-clad feet were resting ideally on his legs, snuggly tucked between his upper thighs and lower stomach.

Winter blushed, putting her phone down while keeping her gaze averted from Harry's.

"Sorry—" she tried only for Harry to shake his head, and quickly save his game before exiting it.

He had had more than enough time in playing the game for the day. Besides, he was getting a bit peckish as well.

"Why ain't ya tell me ye are hungry," Harry grumbled while putting the controller down on the coffee table before leaning back and gently playing with Winter's feet.

Winter nearly moaned as Harry started to slowly massage her feet through the socks, his large hands feeling amazing in the way they kneaded at her feet. She sighed in ecstasy, closing her eyes while snuggling further into the couch.

"Mmph," Winter blissfully breathed before speaking in an almost sluggish tone, "I'm really not that hungry..."

Harry smirked at the tone of her voice, imagining other ways he could make her sound like that. Nevertheless, his smirk was wiped off his face when he registered exactly what she had said.

"Ye serious right now?" Harry scoffed. "Ye ain't bout to lie to me, I can hear yer stomach, duckling."

Winter hummed, slowly opening her eyes and meeting Harry's gaze lazily. He rose a brow in reply, making it a point to push his knuckles into the middle of her right foot which elicited a loud moan from her.

It made Harry's pupils dilate, the pirate needing to swallow heavily to make sure he kept himself under control.

"I suppose it's time for the next part of your birthday then," Winter mumbled as Harry played with her toes through her socks.

He could feel the chilly temperature of her foot, the temperature not necessarily being uncomfortable — just far colder than average. Winter's entire body was generally colder than normal, but her feet surpassed the rest of her body in terms of being chilly.