Chapter Twenty Seven

“You slept with him?”, Ian stood to his feet, his legs felt weak from repeating her words with his own mouth. His heart pounded hard against his chest, his breathing hastened.

“It was a mistake. We were both drunk and not thinking straight-”

“That's your excuse? That you were drunk and ended into bed with him?”

“It's the truth Ian”, Abigail went on to explain she didn't plan onto anything happening between them that night. He pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes shut and turned away from her. Tears threatened to leave his eyes as a lump grew in his throat. He felt a lot of emotions in that moment but most of all he felt betrayed that the woman his world revolved around went back on her word and jumped into bed with the man she told him not to worry about.

“Ian-”, she tried to reach out for him, but he withdrew from her before turning to face her

“I trusted you, Abbie”, his voice broke and tears streamed down her face. “I trusted you and you broke my trust”, his voice rose as he unleashed the anger he felt burning deep from inside him. “What's worse is that you looked me in the eye and blatantly lied to me about where you were that night”

“It wasn't my intention. I'm sorry”.

“You enjoyed making a fool of me, didn't you? Surely I was never good enough for you because you still chose him”.

“I didn't choose him Ian, I don't know what happened”

“Is this what I get for loving you?”, his words pierced through her like a sharp sword

“No. I'm so sorry”, silence filled the room awkwardly. He still had so much to say but didn't have the energy to say all of it at once. She sat back on the couch with her face in her hands.

“Do you still love him?”, his question caused her bloodshot red eyes to look up at him to watch him shrug, motioning her to answer his question

“Of course not. I love you Ian”.

“Righttt”, he laughed sarcastically as he nodded his head. “And I'm supposed to believe you like I've always done, right?”

“It's not like that”

“What happened to the promises we made to each other Abbie? About loyalty and never breaking each other's hearts? Did you think about that?”, his words jammed through her, and she couldn't even answer him.

“You're fucking unbelievable”, he grabbed his car keys and walked towards the door

“Where are you going? “, she asked as she stood to her feet yet again and followed after him worriedly while wiping tears off her face

“I don't know, as long as its far away from you. I really even bear to look at you right now”, he pulled the door open and stood at the doorway before turning to look at her. The look he had in his eyes, you would swear he wasn't going to come back again. He was looking at her like he wanted to somehow capture this scene before him, of her drenched in tears and looking miserable before him.

“Ian, please”, she pleaded with him, but he just took one glare at her,

“I never thought you out of all people would do this to me”, he said quietly before he shook his head. He walked out slammed the door behind him. She jumped from the loud bang the door made as it closed shut. She was surprised the hinges didn't fall off.

She sunk to the floor as she couldn't even stop the tears from falling on her face. It was all her fault.

It was all over ....because of her