Chapter 19

My 7th birthday was exhausting. I might as well think it as bad luck. I didn't die but I had to see the king.

Lucas didn't stop me yesterday in escaping from my father, after all, I didn't have the guts to wake his majesty. Escape was only the solution.

I watched the single Ryllis flower on the vase, the only flower that was left after creating a crown of flowers.

The petals of the Ryllis looked like glowing under the moonlight. The only flower that blooms in the holy land.

I couldn't help but think of my days as a Holy Maiden under the guidance of her holiness Goddess Cianna. When helping the mortals in their little wars I prefer on the healing squad rather than joining the battlefield. It's not that I was afraid of taking someone's life it's just that it's taxing, swinging swords and all.

I remembered my last day with Cianna before waking up here seven years ago. She annoyed me the whole day just to make me read that damn story she created. But after I finished reading her book I couldn't remember what we talked about.

. . . It's probably about useless and unimportant things.

I'm at loss as to why I was here to begin with.

A mission.

A vacation.

A punishment.

"What is my purpose to be here and become a mortal?" I asked the flower in frustration.

The only one who could answer this was the goddess of light herself, Cianna.

I glanced at my reflection at the window. I was frowning. It really was frustrating when you couldn't get any answer in the midst of confusion.

With a soft knock at the door, Haisley entered. "You're still awake, princess. It's already past your bedtime."

"I'll go to sleep soon," I said without looking at her.

"Sir Bismarck came back." My body stiffened and let Haisley continue. "He brought you a gift."

The frustration and confusion building up inside me were immediately gone in exchange for anxiety and wary.

"Here, princess." Haisley placed a small box in front of me.

I held the expensive-looking box with a creased forehead.

A necklace and a letter were placed inside the box.

Happy Birthday, Princess. It will be an honor if you always wear my gift for it will help you in time you are in need.
— Lucas

"Oh my! Isn't that a protection stone," Haisley said peering behind me.

"Protection stone?" I said eying the small blue stone that was caged inside the flower. It gave a soft glow from the dim of my room.

Haisley then took the necklace and placed it around my neck

Haisley then took the necklace and placed it around my neck. "Yes, princess," she answered. I looked at her reflection on the window, a relief smile sat on her lovely face. "The moment you face danger it will protect you. By the looks of it, the necklace caused quite a fortune. Make sure to give thanks to Sir Bismarck when you see him, alright?"

It may not protect me from the king but it will help me in avoiding other unknown tragedies I might face in the future.

"Yes," I replied nodding my head.