Chapter 5

Text

Jungkook was slowly forcing his feet to the corner shop. His balance wasn't great and he struggled to not trip over his own feet. As he stepped out of his building he slipped his arm in one sleeve of his coat and then the other trying not to trigger pain with fast movements.

Jungkook put his wallet and keys into the coat pocket as he kept taking tiny steps towards the shop with his head down. Once he reached the shop, Jungkook was thankful that the door was an automatic one because there was no way he could push open the door without anyone seeing he was in sheer pain. Luckily there was barely anyone inside expect a staff behind the register and just a couple people.

Jungkook found a packet of 6 bottle beer on a shelf and went towards it. He took a deep breath before wrapping one hand on the handle on the top and sliding his other underneath. As Jungkook lifted it up he suddenly whimpered and squinted his eyes as short sharp bolts of pain sprang up his arms. Jungkook tried his best to ignore it knowing he had no choice but to endure it. He turned around and shuffled out of the aisle when the packet was lifted out of his hands and he unknowingly sighed of relief. "You ok?"

Jungkook's eyes immediately shot up to see no one other than Taehyung with the beer in his hands. Jungkook started to panic a little before stuttering "ugh...I...y-yes." He was about to take the packet off Taehyung but Taehyung asked "What's this for?"

Jungkook bit his lip. "Umm nothing much. My boyfriend just asked to stock up" He replied in his usual quiet voice but this time you could tell it wasn't just quiet but weak. Taehyung noticed this. "Are you sure your alright Jungkook?"

"Yes...I'm-I'm fine" Jungkook attempted to sound stronger but was failing as he stuttered, he could still feel the impact of Joon's kicks that landed on his stomach which hurt. Taehyung raised his eyebrow at his answer. "You...have some red marks on your face...and bruises on your hands" Taehyung said getting concerned.

Crap. Jungkook wasn't covered properly. "It's...It's nothing."

Taehyung wasn't buying it. "Jungkook you've been getting hurt a lot recently. And you haven't been at work the whole week either." He said looking at his younger. "W-Who said I was hurt?" Jungkook said trying to lie and stop Taehyung from getting suspicious.

"Bruises, getting burns, bumping into doors and walls can't not hurt right?"

Jungkook sighed. This wasn't going well. Taehyung realised Jungkook always seems to be tense whenever he asked him if he was ok or about his bruises or why he was limping. "How come your boyfriend sent you out to buy something heavy when it obviously hurts when you do?"

Ok now Jungkook was really panicking. What do I say now????Taehyung was noticing too many things. Things he shouldn't know. Things he shouldn't see. It would be a whole better for him and Jungkook if he wasn't so observant.

"He...He couldn't right now...So I came" Jungkook quickly thought of whatever came to his head but he still sounded so nervous. "I should...probably get home now" Jungkook said and reached to take the packet of beer off Taehyung so he could get away from him. He grabbed the packet out of Taehyung's hands only to feel his arms start hurting again.

Jungkook started walking towards the counter with Taehyung behind him. Taehyung didn't say anything but simply observed the way Jungkook held his breath tightly and suddenly let it out as he placed the beer on the counter.

Just before Jungkook had stepped out of the store to start getting home, Taehyung said "Hey Kook." Jungkook turned around. "Can I have your number?" Taehyung asked casually.