Chapter 47

I was chasing the car and Harshad was too behind me.. I broke all the speed limits to get them but they were still out of reach, my anger was growing each second.. Back at home, I guess they figured out that something was up and they were calling me continuously but I didn't had time to talk to them, I had to get those bastards, they can't take my Nandini away from me.. Not now, not ever..

What seems like forever finally Me and Harshad were able to take over them and their car stopped.. I immediately came out side and so did Harshad.

Harshad - Don't worry Manik we have got him.

Without wasting much time I opened the car door and I stopped in my tracks.. Neither there was Madhyam nor Nandini, there was just a driver on the driving seat and the whole car was empty.. I hold his collars and dragged him out of the car..

Manik - Where is Nandini?

Driver - Who Nandini ?

And I punched him, Harshad started checking the car properly, he checked the trunk also but no luck Nandini was no where.. I kept on beating that guy to get some information but he too didn't speak..

Driver - Sir please, I don't anything or anyone with that name, please let me go Sir, please...

I again started beating him but this time Harshad stopped me.

Harshad - Manik calm down, we cannot find her like this..

Manik - You want me to calm down, my wife is missing Harshad... And if you don't know let me enlighten you she is missing with people who killed my father and her parents, they can do anything to her.. You understand that..

And he looked shocked on my outburst.. His eyes shown concerned and that made me believe he truly is on our side.. He patted my back in order to calm me down and then took a hold of that driver

Harshad - This car is of Maddy right, then what are you doing in here? And if you didn't know anything, why were you driving too fast like you knew someone will come behind you?

Driver - I am Madhyam Sir's driver, he called me some time back that I should take the car home and someone might follow me so I shouldn't stop. I am only doing my job sir. 

Harshad - What nonsense.. Why would he?

Manik - Oh shit... no no no..

Harshad - Manik what's wrong..

Manik - it's a trap Harshad, it's a trap.. They knew if they will run away with Nandini now then very easily we will catch them. That's why they distracted us from the mansion, so they can easily escape from there. We need to get back at your place now...

How can I be so stupid, they actually trapped us.. Please Nandini's  Aiyappa please keep her safe. Please don't let those monsters win over this time please God please.. I was literally in a panic mode.. I regret the moment, I allowed her to go there. I should have known it was a bad idea.. I hurriedly got inside my car and drove off towards Harshad's place and he was following in his own car..

I didn't realize that we came quite far in that stupid chase.. Nandini please be safe baby, I am coming to get you.. Please be safe Nandini please wait for your Manik... How bad of a Husband I am, I couldn't protect her.. She trusted me and I broke her trust.. Damnit..

We reached back in some time and I saw 3 figures standing outside with worried expression.. Cabir, Abhimanyu and Aryaman..

I came out from the car and they rushed towards me..

Cabir - What the hell Manik I am calling you from so long, why the hell were you not picking up my call? 

Abhimanyu - There is no one inside Harshad's house. Where is she Manik? Where is Nandini?