Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34 // 𝑆𝑜 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒, 𝑦𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑜 𝑓𝑎𝑟

It's been a long day without you, my friend,
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again;
We've come a long way from where we began,
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.

See you again - Wiz Khalifa》

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

L U C A S' S P O V

Last night, l couldn't sleep, again; thinking about the possibilities of Grace being alive.

How could I be so fucking dumb to think Grace was gone forever when I had absolutely no proof of her death other than that letter.

Mom had also not believed the fact that Emily didn't call her for the funeral. Maybe, there hasn't been any funeral.

I have to find out where she is but I have no fucking idea where she could be right now. It's five in the morning, as I get up and start re-reading her last letter to me. It hurts to read it again, the pain in her voice, her heart, her eyes, I could hear it all, feel it all, see it all but this is the only last thing that gives me hope to find her so I read it again and again, and again when I come across-

"That's the reason we'd to move to California but I still don't know why, when I'm going to die just like dad and everyone else."

CALIFORNIA

Maybe she was here in California. Maybe in San Francisco. Maybe the girl I saw at the party was actually my Grace and I wasn't delusional. Yes, that's where she is, at least that's what I'll believe till I find her.

Who could probably help me in this situation?

Mom

I instantly dial my phone to my mom.

After a long ring, she finally picks up.

"Mom?"

"Lucas? Why are you calling this early in the morning? Is everything okay?" Her voice comes out wearily as I hear some rustling in the background, meaning I woke her up.

"Yes mom, everything's fine. Sorry for waking you up this early in the morning." I say sheepishly and she replies, "No worries. You just scared me there for a second by calling this early. Are you sure, everything's fine?"

"Yes, mom. There's nothing to worry about. I'm sorry again but I needed to know something," I tell her.

"Don't be sorry, I'm awake now. What is it, Lucas?" She asks worriedly.

"Mom, Do you know Rachel's grandmother's address in California?" I ask her with my fingers crossed, which I've been doing a lot since these past few days.

"No, I don't exactly remember. We haven't been there for a long time. Why?" She asks and I answer her, as my heart starts beating faster in my chest. "Mom, I think Grace is still alive. I think I saw her last night but now I have no idea how and where to find her."

"What do you mean by you think she's alive. Did something happen?" Mom asks and I could hear the desperation in her voice as I explain everything, "Actually Mom, I was in San Francisco last night, with Liam. And I think I saw her at the party that I was attending."