Chapter 2 Part 3: Witches before Wizards

Luz POV

  Right now, is amazing! I am walking with a prince! A cute one to boot.

  "Nethrath, your vengeful backstory is so compelling. And I'm loving your animal sidekick." I said as I pet a small onion like fairy that floated next to me.

  "After my village was consumed, my heart knows nothing but vengeance." Nethrath says as he gazed a head of us.

  I couldn't help it, but, the way looks right now, reminds me of (Y/n). I swore she had an expression like that years ago, almost, broken.

  "Nethrath," I said as I try to comfort him.

  "Lady Luz, do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?" Nethrath says dramatically as he came to face me.

  ........ This quest is questing in all the right way.

~Time skip~

  Nethrath and I have just arrived to a bridge, however, we were stopped by an old looking cat.

  "Hum de diddle, for you to cross the bridge, you must first answer these two riddles." He says as he bounce around side to side.

  "Hit me little furry man!" I said with excitement.

  "Your quest shall stop if you fail this game, so tell me my dear, what is my name?" The small cat man asks. I hummed as I looked at him before catching a name tag: Chris

  "Um, Chris?" I said with raised eyebrow.

  "That is it! Now, your last riddle. What can be described as a bond that can't be unbound, even in the tedious of circumstances?" Chris says as I took quick notice to hear a semi dark tone in his voice.

  I pondered for a while, trying to figure out the riddle. I don't know why, a memory of me and (Y/n) came to mind. ".... True Friendship," I muttered out without consent. Weird.

  "By jolly! You are right! You may cross the bridge!" Chris says in a happy tune. "And please take this chosen one. It will help you on you journey." Chris says as he gave me a ring with a sapphire jewl

  "Wow, this is amazing. Thank you," I said before slipping on the ring on my finger.

  "Do you need a cape?" Nethrath asks.

  "No, I think I'm g-"

  "You can use my shirt!" Nethrath exclaims as he rips off his shirt, showing his buff up bod...... If (Y/n) was here, she would probably faint.

  "YES! I need cape!" I exclaimed as he tied his shirt around my shoulders.

  "Three cheers for the chosen one!" Nethrath says as they all cheered for me. I couldn't help but feel appreciated! The only one who appreciate me like this is-

3ed POV

  "Oh no," (Y/n) and eda says in unison and annoyance.

  Right now, (Y/n), Eda, and King at an entrance of a broken down village.

  "Are you sure she came here?" Eda asks as she looked at King, who was sniffling the ground.

  "I can't mistake her smell. Like lemons and naive confidence," King replys.

  Eda then walked up to a dulled color light pink cat that was in a fountain, but upon farther expectation, it was like a puppet.

  "Hey, wake up you. What have you done with Luz. What's your end game?" Eda questions the puppet.

  "To find your pupil and still your wrath, move ahead and follow the path." The cat says in a disoriented squeaky voice.