Chapter 89

That day after breakfast, Ron, Ginny, and I got ready and walked towards the Weasleys' fireplace. Mrs. Weasley handed around the Floo Power and I watched Ron and Ginny each take turn and disappear into the green flames as they shouted, "Leaky Cauldron!"

     "Are you ready, Lexi, dear?" Mrs. Weasley asked kindly as I walked into the fireplace and raised the bawl of powder for me.

     Nodding with a smile, I took a handful of Floo Powder in my fist, feeling my heartbeat speed up from excitement and so I cried out, "Leaky Cauldron!"

    The moment I let go of the powder, I heard the green flames roar beneath me and I felt like I was being sucked down.

     Next moment when I finally opened my eyes again, I found myself standing in the fireplace of an old looking pub, filled up with wizards and witches.

     Seeing Ron and Ginny not too far away, I walked towards them and a few moments later, Mrs. Weasley appeared behind us.

     "Shall we go, then?" She smiled at us, leading us towards the back door of the Leaky Cauldron. I would even scream from joy if I could.

     At first when I had appeared at Hogwarts two years ago, I wasn't as thrilled as now, because back then I thought I was just dreaming.

     And when I did realize that this was all real, a feeling of panic followed as I felt freaked out by each moving ghost or waving pictures and used to think that I would never see my parents again.

     But now it was different. This was real. I was here, and I was a witch.

     When we walked outside and came upon a brick wall, I could jump around in excitement as Mrs. Weasley took out her wand and tapped on the bricks.

     When she withdrew her hands and stood back, the wall started to open up and revealed and alleyway full of wizard and witches and the most fascinating shops that I had ever seen.

     Owls were flying around and there were shops full of brooms, Wizarding robes, or cauldrons.

     But the one shop that stood out the most among all others, was of course the newly opened joke shop, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

     Mrs. Weasley sighed, shaking her head at the sight, watching dozens walk in and out of it. "I mean... at least their business is good. Can no longer complain..."

     And so with another heavy sigh, she led the way inside and we followed her right behind and immediately, a wide smile crept through my face.

     Mrs. Weasley went to walk around the shop, but the three of us were still too much in awe that we just stood there, looking all over with bewilderment.

"Over here!" a voice called out from above and when we looked up, we saw Fred and George walking downstairs.

"Well?" George started as they reached us, grinning at Ron, Ginny, and I. "What do you think?"

"It's awesome!" said Ron, looking around him with astonishment.

"Gotta say, I didn't expect you guys to be able to pull this place off like this," said Ginny, looking impressed.

"You always know how to humor us, sis," said Fred, then turning on me. "What do you say, Lex?"

"This is like the Disney Land of pranksters," I said earnestly, still amazed at the wonderful place.

But when I turned to glance back at the twins, I saw them looking puzzled. "Did she just insult us?" George asked his brother with a confused frown.

"Could you speak English please?" said Fred, raising a brow at me.

"Oh, sorry. I forgot you didn't know," I chuckled. "It means that this place is wonderful. It's simply amazing."

"Thanks," Fred winked at me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Now how would you like a personal tour, Miss Hooper?"

"I would love that, Mr. Weasley," I said, going on tip toes and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"What about us, then?" said Ron grumpily, making us turn around and look at him. "Won't you give us a tour?"

"I would, if you looked this good in those jeans," Fred grinned, pointing down at me and I laughed, shaking my head at him.

"Sorry, Ronald. Maybe next time," I said teasingly, winking at him before Fred took my hand and pulled me forward.

After showing me all the shelves and every new product they had, he finally led me upstairs, where their flat was.

"Wow," I said, looking around at the clean living room. "I didn't expect you two to be this organized."

"Well, I guess I'm still more mysterious than you think, Miss Hooper," he gave me a cheeky smile and I giggled, going on tip toes to peck him on the lips.

"And this is the flat, ladies and gentlemen," said George's voice from behind us, and when we turned, we saw him entering with Ron and Ginny by his side.

"Where's mum?" Fred asked.

"Went to buy some Doxycide," George answered.

     "I think I better go, too," I said, feeling the familiar feeling of excitement surging within me. "I gotta buy my wand."

     "Oh, do you want me to come with you?" Fred suggested and I nodded brightly.

     Waving at the other Weasleys, him and I then went back downstairs and left the Joke Shop.

     As we walked outside, I held onto Fred's hand, which was warmer than mine like always, still managing to make my heart flutter.

     "You nervous?" he asked, looking at me sideways.

      "A little," I said earnestly, shrugging.

     "Do you know what would've helped?" He grinned and I gave him a suspicious glance.

"What?"

"If you had moved in with me."

I laughed, shaking my head at him as we walked down the alley.

"Why do you laugh? I'm serious!" He shrugged as I gave him another look. "Why not?"

"Because — because — oh, I dunno..." I sighed. "There has always been rules when it comes to these stuff for young people."

"And you're all about rules, aren't you, Miss Hooper?" he said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Well, even if I wanted to, of course your mother wasn't going to let me. She knows you too well."

"What's that supposed to mean?" he raised a brow as I smirked.

"You didn't really expect anyone to believe that you were going to let me stay in the spare room, did you?"

"Of course you were going to stay in the spare room!" said Fred in a mock-stern tone. "I'm a true gentleman."

"But...?"

"But I wouldn't have protested if you wanted to stay in one room with me," he said with a mischievous grin, and I chuckled.

But soon, our attention was caught and we came to a stop when we reached Ollivander's wand shop. And so, with one last glance at each other, we walked inside the shop, our hands still laced together.