Tahj's Revenge

My phone started ringing.

It was Tahj.

I decided not to answer because more pressing concerns were before me but on second thought...

"What?"
"I told you I wasn't about to only be the one hurt."
"What are you talking about?"
"Isn't your man right in front of you?"
My eyes had never left D.
"What did you tell him?" I was surprised how even my voice sounded while talking to him. Lord knows I could kill that boy.
"A lot," he simply said before ending the call.
Tahj had to be around here somewhere and I didn't want to give him the pleasure of watching us.

I rushed over to the car.
"I'll tell you everything, let's just get out of here."
But D locked the doors before I could open the passenger door. I squeezed my eyes shut.
"D."
Silence. I finally looked back at him.
"You had fucked him?" He said softly and teary eyed.
I started to walk over to him but he backed up.
Tahj must have told him about us having sex right before I left town with D. That's who he was messaging on the bus. Classic.
"D, I will tell you everything but can we please leave?" I begged.
He looked conflicted about something. He finally got in the car. I hesitated before getting in as well.

It was deadly silent the whole way there.

The apartment was pitch black and D didn't turn any of the lights on as he moved into the kitchen. I eventually turned the kitchen light on. I clasped my hands together

"Okay," I said.
D spun on me as he stood across the kitchen from me.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He demanded.
"D, I'm sorry. I know the situation is messed up. Mentally at the time I was only thinking about being with him—"
"So this circles back to you fucking up when you had sex with me because that wasn't planned since you had sex with Tahj a day prior!" The tone of his voice slowly increased.
"I told you that I didn't regret that!"
Out of nowhere he gasped in horror with a horrified expression on his face.
"Did you use a condom? Because you and I didn't."
"Yes!"
Thank God I did.
"Yes I used a condom with him."
I still didn't like the expression he was giving me.
"I can't believe you, Les," he whispered.
"D, I'm so sorry. I can't take what happened back but it's not happening again."
"Right, because he's 16."
I hated being reminded.
"If you never found out he was 16 or if he was 18, would you st—"
"No, D! I told you the other night I didn't need a week!"
He silently nodded his head at me.
"How did he get in contact with you?" I sounded as if I was out of breath.
"Messenger." His voice sounded dead.
Then my phone rang again.

It was fucking Tahj.

"What!?" I yelled.
"That ain't all."
I groaned.
"Tahj, so help me please."
At the mention of his name D looked at me in shock.
"You still talk to the nigga?" He yelled at me.
I held my finger up at him.
"I think the police should probably be to you shortly," Tahj said.
I immediately fell still.
"I am a minor, Les, I don't think it was right what you did."
"You fucking little shit!" I yelled at him. "Fuck you, Tahj! Fuck you."
"That's how you got here in the first place," he said before hanging up.

I chucked my phone.
"This little nigga," I growled.
"I can't believe you still talk to him."
"D, please! Okay, I'm sorry about what I did. That I regret! But I may go to jail now!"
D watches me sadly now.
"What the fuck am I going to do?"

We both stayed silent, me in misery, I could feel D watching me.
"I can get arrested at any second," I told him.
"Just stay calm, we'll figure something out," he eventually tells me quietly.
I stare at him and move two steps closer.
"I appreciate you, Damario," I tell him softly. "I don't know what I would do without you. I never meant to hurt you I was just confused for the longest. I know better now and I could use your help. I need you."

D's head falls down as he starts to cry.
"I love you, Les," he cries.
I close the distance and wrap my arms around him, placing his head on my shoulder.
"I love you more," I say into his neck.

We stayed up all night waiting. My ass was scared, my therapeutic morning ruined. We stayed cuddled on the couch when finally the sun was shining in our faces.

"They didn't come," D said. "You think he was bluffing?"
"He could be," I shrugged. "But he's still a minor. Do you think I need a lawyer?" The thought overwhelmed me.
"I don't know, babe."
"Maybe the court will just assign me one."
"If you planning to go to jail," he told me.
I gave out a sad chuckle.
"Bathroom run," he said and started to get up but I reached for his face and kissed him before he got up.
My head fell back on the pillow. I covered my face with my hands and softly groaned into them.
"I think I need a drink, D," I called. "Why haven't you offered by now?" I chuckled.
He didn't respond. My legs swing off the couch as I go to sit up. My eyes find the door and I stare at it almost imagining it being busted open and SWAT coming for me.

"Was he talking about consent laws in California?"
My head whipped around to see D standing in the middle of the room looking at me expectantly.
"What?" I asked.
Out of nowhere he races for his phone and came to sit next to me while typing away on his phone.
"The age of consent in California is 18," I could tell he was speaking from memory.
I let out a cry.
"Don't remind me D, you are not helping."
"No, listen to me, Les. We're not in Cali."
He studies me. I slowly sit up while watching him.
"We're in Shoreview, Jordansberg."
He goes back to his phone then all his movements stop. He slowly looks up and at me a small smile beginning to linger on his lips.
"Where the age of consent is 16."
I was paralyzed. Then D jumped around on the couch, hands grabbing onto me, shaking me.
"Les! You're good."
"Fuck, me," I sighed.
D laughed and jumped on me.
"He has to know this," D says. "He's just trying to scare you."
"And he did," I inform him.
D rested his chin on my shoulder.
"You don't have to worry, Les."
He reached for my hand and held it.
"What if he knows something I don't? What if he still tries to go though with it or even lie on me. His father is a fucking lawyer."
D shushes me soothingly.
"Don't stress it. I'm here if anything happens."