1

The van slowly pulled up in the driveway of the quiet home. The boys were quick to run out of the van and check out the beautiful exterior of the house. It was recently completed, which explained why it seemed more clean and prettier than the rest of the houses they passed.

"You guys take care. We'll check in from time to time." The manager reminded. Mark nodded and unloaded the younger boys' things so that their manager can leave. He waved goodbye to the manager before turning to the curious members.

"Alright, bring your things into the house and we'll see who rooms with who." Mark announced, catching the attention of the boys. They did as told and brought their things in, excited for the next few weeks.

The boys had to make a self-produced film as one of the NCT unit projects. Mark chose to be with Dream since he missed them while Donghyuck chose Dream since 127 was travelling way too far to a remote area.

They had decided to do a thriller documentary style kind of film where there is a murderer among them. It was a cliché idea, but they were sure that the fans would want to guess who the murderer is. They had already set up cameras inside beforehand and were already recording with their personal cameras.

Jisung walked around the second floor and counted how many rooms there were before joining his friends in the living area. "There's four rooms and only three have two beds."

"This place is so nice. I wonder why no one lives here." Chenle wondered out loud. He had his hands on some vase as he curiously looked at the designs. His eyes stopped at the painting of serene waves which he wanted to steal. He wouldn't actually do it, well, maybe if he weren't an idol he would.

"It's because it's haunted, duh. No good house would be rented for cheap like this." Jaemin joked. Jeno chuckled at the joke while Donghyuck clicked his tongue.

"Don't say that. What if Renjun can't sleep?" Donghyuck teased. Renjun was ready to throw hands at his bandmate only to be stopped by Mark.

"Just let me hit him once and I can sleep peacefully." Renjun requested, making a futile attempt of reaching out to Donghyuck. "I swear one hit and I'll stop there."

"That's enough. As much as I would like to see you fight to the death we need to settle our things." Mark intervened. The two just exchanged a glare before drawing their lots.

It ended up with Jaemin rooming with Renjun, Jisung with Chenle, Donghyuck with Jeno, and Mark by himself.

"When will I ever get a room to myself?" Jaemin sighed, tossing the paper into the trash can.

"As long as I'm not roomed with Renjun." Chenle snickered.

Jisung nodded in agreement, irritating the older boy even more. He raised his hands in defense. "I've been roommates with you since forever." 

"Someone switch with me please." Jeno begged. "I'll do the dishes and laundry for a month. Please."

"Don't worry. You won't even know I'm rooming with you." Donghyuck assured, giving his friend a comforting pat.

"I'll need the extra concealer for my eyebags. I won't be able to sleep with him playing his games." Jeno groaned in defeat, wanting nothing more than to jump out the window.

"Can't you control him by force like you usually do?" Chenle's suggestion was quick to wipe the smug smirk off of Donghyuck's face. This time, it was Jeno's turn to brighten up.

"I don't have enough energy to  watch this." Renjun walked away and towards the garden.

"Jeno, we're friends, right?" Donghyuck nervously laughed. To his horror, Jeno smiled while his hand balled up into a fist he slowly raised. Donghyuck immediately turned to Jaemin. "Switch with me please."