✨Chapter 24: Moving On.

"I can't believe I actually let you talk me into doing this

"I can't believe I actually let you talk me into doing this." Kadence said to Crystal as they walked through the doors of NDO record label.

It had been one short week since everything had blown up in Kadence's face and after a week of wondering what she could have done differently, being unsure of where her friendship stood with Sienna, and mourning the death of her friendship with Deja she knew she had to get her head back in the game and this was Crystal's first order of business for her.

"As your friend I understand one hundred percent why you wouldn't want to do this hell if I was you I wouldn't want to do it either but as your manager I have to encourage you to take this job because not only will it put you on the map in a huge way it will open so many more doors for you."

"I know Crys and I get all that but don't you wonder even a little bit why they want me of all people." Kadence asked

"Trust me it crossed my mind the minute the label reached out to me and I'm sure we both know why they want you for this job but what they don't understand is their need to play on the drama to sell tickets only gives you more exposure and we'll take that." Crystal said as they stepped off the elevator, "But this is just a meeting so if you really don't like the terms then we can leave and we'll find another job for you and it'll be bigger."

"Bigger than Sire the Don and Brittany Banks?"

"Wayyyy bigger." She smiled, "Drama not included."

Kadence returned the smile,"Thanks Crys."

"No problem Kay now put your game face on and let's kill this meeting." Crystal said opening the door to the conference room allowing Kadence to walk in before following her.

Their presence quickly ended the busy conversation between the six people in the room, four of which Kadence recognized.

"Oh hell no." Brittany jumped up, "Y'all are playing right?"

Kadence looked over at Crystal and shook her head. It was clear by Brittany's outburst and the stunned look on Sabian's face that the label had blindsided them with this meeting and that small detail only intensified Kadence's want to leave.

"Brittany take a seat." A man who Kadence assumed was Brittany's manager advised.

"Mark I am not working with her so meeting adjourned." Brittany crossed her arms.

Kadence was well aware that for the sake of the credibility of Brittany and Sabian's "relationship" Brittany had to keep up appearances especially in front of her but something deep inside her told her that Brittany wasn't just playing a role and really didn't want to work with her but Kadence would be lying if she said the feeling wasn't mutual, the only difference was she wasn't going to show her ass about it.

"Brittany can I have word with you?" Tiffany asked

Rolling her eyes Brittany followed Tiffany out of the room and Kadence couldn't help but wonder why Sabian's publicist needed to be a part of a meeting like this but decided to leave it alone at least for now.