CHAPTER ONE

Charming smile was a unique spell, Eva had over her customers who found her gentility and white teeth irresistible.

Eva, was someone who believed in two things: her word and her decision. Never let anyone break them even herself. Her intrepid modified her to an acclaimed woman who's ego was treasurable than her next breath.

After the three years occurrence that left her wandering on the street for a job, she'd still not let it divulge her into abandoning her fiery spirit towards standing blocks. Not even the stabbing breakup that had dragged her into months of irreplaceable void.

Her unrelenting and intense dedication earned her a salary increase in just two months of working at the eatery.

Who would ever believe that a manager in a multi-million company would end up being a worker at an eatery? At least those who knew her before would be struck with wonderment when they saw her.

Still, Eva did not let that define or bother her one bit. She simultaneously retracted to the right step and left the rest for time to replenish.

With her natural display of a radiant smile that ordinarily might compete with the brightness of the sun, she forwarded a plate of fried rice and chicken on a tray to an awaiting customer.
"Can we hang out one of these days?" The man at the receiving end of the specialty, completely outstrip by her warm smile, initiated as he accepted the outstretched tray.

Eva's exterior expression broadened. A more polite strategy she'd adapted to dealing with the opposite species. "Fortunately I am an extremely busy woman." She gestured for him to step away for the next in line.

Too charmed to budge, the 5ft,4 chubby man dipped a hand into his pocket and returned with a card. Dropped it onto the tiled giant stone counter with a sly wink. "Do call me. Please."

Eva, exhaled heartily, then nodded. The moment he turned, she snatched the hard paper card, catapulted it like one would a rotten egg into the trash can.
"That is where it belong," she whispered with a triumphant snide smile. Uplifting her face, the smile melted away likely with the man staring back at her with accretion shock registered on his face.

Had it not been in her heart, Eva would have swore the pounding resonated from a constructing building across the road. By the visible rising and falling of his concealed chest, it was more than obvious he was battling same.

Eva, recovered quickly. With an almost suppressed smirk that startled her a heart beat, she leveled her chin, cursing herself for displaying such disgusting reaction, while at it. "Which do you prefer?"

"What?" His deep engrossed voice made Eva shudder slightly thereby leading her to lay more inner voiced profanity on herself. "What?" he repeated.

Kicking back the old memories that tried to sneak back into her mind, Eva raised a brow nugatory. "I don't think you walked in here just to stare at me." She barely gave a damn if she sounded sassy. That was what she had intended to deliver.

"Eva. Still harbor old grudges," he said with a tone only her could hear.

Eva, to her utmost abashment pouted. His heart jiggled just like it'd always done when ever she positioned her mouth in such an odd, but effective direction. It does lot of silly things to him, arousing him in a way no other woman ever succeeded at.

Still he refused to skitter to her because there was nothing between them. And never would be.

Never... be?

He doubted that. However he would make her crawl right back and apologize for vanishing out of his life three years ago. That, he mused with determination, is what he would watch her do.