5

The table was eerily quiet, only heavy breathings could be heard, I couldn't look up, just kept my head down as tears rolled down my cheek, I heard the scraping of a chair and was soon engulfed in Celine's arms, and the tears fell in torrents. "How could they do that to you, what's gotten into them all",  I looked up to see a very livid Vito, he seemed bigger and his eyes were brighter than before, he's hands were hairy and there seemed to be claws instead of nails, he flipped the chair he was on and I flinched "Vito stop it you're scaring her"  Celine called out, Tyler on the other hand seemed more controlled but his eyes were red no longer grey, "I'll take him out to calm down, I think we both need it" he stood, placed a hand on Vito and whispered to him, it seemed to calm him a bit and they both left. I cried harder, am sure they all think am a huge burden for my pack to abandon me, "no you're not my dear, they just angry for your sake, and not at you" Celine murmured while rubbing my back, her act of comfort made me cry more, I wasn't used to someone holding me or consoling me when I cried so I tried to soak it up, even my wolf was whining softly in my head. Celine held me til I fell into a deep sleep.

When I opened my eyes I saw Vito sitting beside me on a chair, he held my right hand, his body was tight with tension and it was obvious he was still pissed, Tyler was behind him and when he saw I was up he smiled at me, "how do you feel Aurora", Vito looked up immediately, "am so sorry I raised my voice at you earlier, I should have controlled myself but I wasn't angry at you", at stared at the both of them without speaking, after a while I asked, "if you're not mad at me, why then were you shouting?, you sounded really angry" Vito squeezed my hand gently, "I was and I am still angry, but not at you, definitely not at you, am angry at your parents,your siblings, your mate and your entire pack, I wonder why our species are so dumb sometimes", "I think it's most times" Tyler added with a soft laugh. "Species, wait are you a werewolf" I asked, "yeah, but Tyler is a vampire", I stared at the both of them in shock, Tyler chuckled at my expression "you have to close your mouth, flames, your jaws are nearly at the floor" I blushed "am sorry, I've not meet another werewolf outside my pack and I haven't met a vampire at all", Vito chuckled "don't worry, am sure Tyler will show you his fangs", and I smiled, "why do you call me flames?", "It's cause your hair does looks like flames so it's fitting" Tyler said as he shrugged his shoulders but Vito ruffled my hair. I looked at them, all this felt like a dream, I wasn't sure if they were looking for a perfect opportunity to strike or if they were real, I didn't know if I should trust them or not. "Am not asking you to trust us, just know that we won't hurt you and you're safe here and also you're free to ask any question", Vito said and Celine walked in.

I stared at the three of them, "I really don't know what to say or ask", "we'll start with the basic introduction", Celine said with a warm smile, "am Celine Knight and as you know, these are my mates Tyler and Vito Knight, am a witch, Vito an alpha wolf, Tyler a vampire and an old one", she said giggling, I couldn't help but ask "how are you three mates,and what pack is this?", Tyler rubbed behind his neck, "well it's hard to explain, but we're mates, and also we're not in a pack, I was a loner before I met them, Celine and I met first but Celine's coven rejected her when she couldn't mate with me because one more part was missing which was Vito so they renounced her, when she left, she casted a spell that enabled us know Vito's exact location and we went to search for him but Vito's pack wanted him to refuse when they found out he was mated to Celine and I, it is quiet rare and considered as a curse so he was told to choose, when he picked us, he was sent away, even when he was the next alpha. So we traveled and decided to stay here, I actually own this house, and this is not a pack but a human city, no one here knows we're supernaturals and we tend to keep it that way, but Celine can tell when there another supernatural in the area, that how she knew where you were and what you are".

I stared at them my brain trying to comprehend all they said, "does this mean that no human knows what you are, but how do you feed, and what do you do during the full moon" I asked after I found my voice, Celine cleared her throat, "well no one knows what we are, Vito feed from humans both contrary to what you think, he doesn't drain them, we actually have a large piece of land, probably as big as that of a pack, so Vito has more than enough space to run in his wolf and I have a portion where I plant various herbs for my spells,and we also have training grounds where we train, but over all it's just the three of us, the maids and house keepers come twice a week to cook and clean up". I nodded, "don't you have kids" I saw a sad look pass Celine's face, "no we don't, I can't have kids but am used to it" I didn't know what to say so I covered her hands with mine. Tyler sat close to Celine and hugged her, "you know, you can stay with us if you don't have anywhere else to go but not as a help and no, you won't be a burden", I looked at their faces, "for real" Celine let out a sad smile, "yeah, I need the female company". I stared at them, "I really want to stay, but I want to learn all there's to know about werewolves and also I want to know train, I want to be stronger". Vito had a huge smile on his face, "well then flames, you're highly welcome"