f o r t y - s e v e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

f o r t y - s e v e n

Micajah had called Harden to conduct an ultrasound the very next day. They had both agreed to keep this quiet, and to themselves for a little longer, and that they would announce it to everyone at the coronation. Obviously, they had told Jayden, Uriah and Lena earlier. The three wolves were over the moon and the news, bouncing in happiness. Uriah was especially ecstatic for a little niece or nephew, and the thought made Adah feel warm.

The ultrasound was special – as stupid as it sounds. It's something Adah will never forget, holding the hand of the man she loved, and watching on the small little monitor , seeing the shadowing, the beginnings of their pup. They had the image printed out - Micajah wanted to start a scrapbook of everything revolving around this pup.

It turns out, Adah was quite a few weeks along, despite the fact that she had only had outward symptoms for about three weeks. In total she estimated to be about nine or so weeks along now, which made sense to Adah. She'd begin to show soon.

Micajah had already begun to treat her like glass, and she wasn't having any of it. Though he was adamant, she was stubborn too. Just because she was pregnant, didn't mean she'd be on bedrest for the next seven or so months now.

It was the day of the coronation, and Adah felt nervous. A coronation had always been thrown for a Queen, because King's were born, and Queen's were always made. It was tradition that the son takes the monarch, because the daughter always had a mate out there, and she'd follow them. Unless, they were to only have a girl, and then she would inherit the monarch until she found her mate. The position would then be passed down to the next heir. 

Adah didn't want to think about that. Right now, this was a whole event dedicated her only, and she didn't like being in the centre of attention. She wanted to curl up into a ball and disappear for the night.

She was in the dressing room, accompanied by Lena – who had designed her dress- and many other females. She was offered a corset, but she declined, not wanting anything to disrupt her stomach – even if it wouldn't harm the baby.

Her dress was beautiful – she couldn't deny that. It wasn't extravagant, or over the top like she had presumed. If anything, it fit her personal style beautifully. It captured her essence, it captured who she was. It may not have been traditional, but it was Adah. Her heart could melt, knowing her pack did this the way she would appreciate, and it touches her. She didn't deserve this.

It was deep, rich navy, made from satin. It was long, and pooled at her feet. It was low cut, exposing her neck, her shoulders and dipping low to her chest. It was simple, just like Adah liked. The dark colour complimented her warm skin beautifully. Her hair was put into a simple, elegant bun, the curls providing texture. On her chest sat a silver necklace, the colour matching Micajah's eyes. It was long piece, thin and made from the most special diamonds. That was all the jewellery she wore, apart from a band in her hair that matched it, and the heels too.

Lena had made it very simple – Adah didn't need a dress to let everyone know who she was. She did that by herself. If anything, the dress needed her. It was only a simple complementary piece, nothing more. Tonight was about Adah, and Adah alone. Not her dress. Her face was bare, with only highlight being applied.

She could hear everything brewing outside of the doors of her room. It had been a few hours after she had her hair done, and she had just slipped into her dress. She was confined into her room for the most of the day. She could hear cars pulling in, and laughter arising from the open windows. Everyone seemed to be having a blast, and it made her ease just a little. The whole Kingdom was coming today, and her insides fluttered. The sky had darkened into a beautiful dark canvas.

Lena busts in, wearing a deep red dress. Adah smiles, kissing the female on her cheek.

"Adah, you look so fuckable. I'd do you," Lena murmurs, and Adah chuckles, as Lena fixes her hair with a last bit of hairspray.

"I'd say Micajah would defo knock you up tonight. But he's already done that," and Adah laughs. Lena finishes the lasting touches, and together they go down the stairs slowly, careful not to trip.

Adah was in the blind for what was happening tonight. She could hear music and noise coming from the ballroom, and outside the palace grounds, because although the ballroom had been renovated and extended, it wasn't going to fit everyone. They reach down the steps, and Lena heads down past Jayden and Uriah, and into the ballroom. She was hosting and had much to do.

"Damn. Looking good ma," Uriah murmurs, eyes lazy with an easy-going grin. He wore his black suit, curls having grown back, glossy and popping.

"Yeah. What he said," Jayden says with a light blush, rubbing the back of his neck. Adah laughs, stepping down and kissing his cheek. She slaps the back of Uriah's head, who sticks his tongue out at her.

"Are we going to stand here all night?" asking with a raised brow. She links arms with both of them, heading into the ballroom.

Lena outdid herself. Sure, she had help from Micajah, but this was a touch that only Lena could do.

Adah is in awe when she steps in the room, so much in adoration that the round of applause when she steps in goes right over her head. The room was beautiful, shimmery in silver. Just like the moon. Just like Micajah's eyes.

It was glorious.

Her eyes goes up to her King next, wearing a suit that matches the exact shade of her dress His expression is light, eyes only for here. She gives him a smirk, Uriah and Jayden letting her go, and she immediately goes to his side, her rightful place. He grasps her by the side, kissing her temple.

"You look beautiful my love," dipping down low to her ear, and she blushes.

"You don't look too bad yourself," she replies with a wink, and Micajah grins, kissing where her neck and shoulder meet. He pulls her up onto the raised platform. There were many wolves, and Adah feels nervous. But Micajah oozes confidence, so she can easily hide behind it.

The room is silence.

"I'm not going to make this long. Nothing about me and Adah has been traditional. Neither will this," and Adah smiles at his words.

"Tonight, isn't really a coronation. Adah has been a Queen the moment I marked her. Tonight, is a celebration of her, and her alone. A celebration of her kindness, her strength and her courage. That is what tonight is about," and Uriah's whoop cuts through the air.

Jayden brings up a silver crown, perfectly made for her. Micajah places it on her head, her face growing in colour.

"She doesn't need this crown on her head. The crown needs her," she smiles up at him., face warm.

"Adah is my perfect half. Regardless of how we met. Regardless of the whole issue with the prophecy. She makes my soul complete. She makes me a better person, and continues to do that, with not only me, but hundreds and hundreds of wolves. I'm not very good at speeches – she takes the cake for that- but we can all agree, the Adah was the perfect choice," and he dips down low to her again.

"I love you," and she smiles, kissing his cheek.

"I hope everyone enjoys this evening. I guess we'll be seeing you all back very soon though, so maybe don't have too much fun," the crowd is stunned in silence. Adah rolls her eyes, watching his lazy grin.

"Yeah, you all heard me. My Queen is expecting," and the crowd goes even more wild, whooping and cheering. Adah laughs, and Micajah pulls her for a dance, making him her first of many.

The rest of the night breezes by, and it was beautiful. Adah had danced with so many people, she had met Luna Mariah, congratulated Luna Ella in person. She even caught up Ahmed. She danced with Tyler. She had many wolves come up to her, congratulating her.

It was blissful.

The best part of it though, was being with Micajah.

They may rule over a monarch, but for them, they were just Adah and Micajah.

Forever.

A/N - ah idk if it was the best ending ever, but i hope it was somewhat okay.