Chapter 10

Alpha Gordon was exhausted. He sat at his desk with his head in his hands. There was a quick knock at the door and Jason walked in. He didn't say anything as he walked across the room and sat in a chair. Alpha Gordon looked at his son thoughtfully, before he spoke. "I've cancelled the flight for tomorrow. I was just about to call Alpha Haynes." He watched as his son's face fell. "Let me call him and then we'll talk." Jason only nodded. He dialed the phone and waited.

********

Kevin had Kyra lying on her bed with a cold cloth over her forehead when his phone rang. When he saw the caller ID, he cursed under his breath and answered. "Alpha Haynes" he said with a stern voice.

"Alpha Haynes this is Alpha Gordon. I'm sorry to call you on such short notice but we will have to reschedule my visit. My pack was attacked by rogues and my Beta was injured."

Kevin was stunned. "Of course. How is everyone? Do you need my help with anything?"

"We are going to be okay, 12 injured and 4 dead. But my Beta was hurt and is unconscious. I have to figure out what caused this and notify other Alphas in the area. I've never heard of anything like it. The rouges didn't even try to escape. They became even more aggressive."

"I have never heard of anything like that either. There have been aggressive rogue attacks but they usually give up and run away. If you need my assistance at all don't hesitate to call."

"Thank you Alpha Haynes. I will let you know when I can reschedule. Good night."

Kevin was sorry for their pack but happy that they would have some time for Kyra to prepare.

********

Jason sat looking at his father. This is the first time he had seen him so exhausted. "Dad tell me what happened."

Alpha Gordon sighed and shook his head. "It's hard for me to even understand son. When we got to the border the rogues had the Beta and four warriors surrounded. They were unbelievably aggressive. None of them tried to escape, even when we surrounded them. They kept fighting and we had to kill them all. There were over 20. I really don't understand it. Rouges rarely group together and definitely not in such large numbers."

"Maybe we should inform the council and have them investigate."

The Alpha nodded his head. "You're right. I think we should also inform other close packs.Can you start on that?"

"No problem Dad. I think you need to get some rest."

The Alpha shook his head. " I can't son. you will understand once you are Alpha. By the way, have you and Lisa decided to mate?"

Jason scowled. "No. I was disappointed in her today. She went to our room and cried when the battle started, instead of helping."

"Jason I'm saying this for your own good, so listen carefully. Are you sure she is your true mate? I know you loved her and didn't want to hurt her but, only your true mate will respond as a Luna."

Jason sat stunned, looking at his father. "I don't want to talk about this right now. Let's get the rogue problem solved first." He stood up and walked out.

Alpha Gordon had his answer. Now he knew for sure that Lisa was not Jason's mate. He would make it a priority to talk to Kyra.

Hi everyone! This will probably be my last update until after Christmas. I have lots to do and that doesn't give me writing time.

Vote ⭐️, comment, follow and share