~Giwa~

The last year of Secondary school is one that every Nigerian teenager has longed for at some point in their lives.

I mean, why wouldn't we?

There's a kind of pride that comes with being addressed as an "Ss3 Student". It's like you are basically the center of attraction. Every other student in the lower classes look up to you. They wish they were you; having the advantage you have to break rules or atleast bend it to suit you, however you like, with absolutely no one stopping you.

The power you have as an Ss3 Student is thrilling. You are in total, absolute control.
Be it fear or admiration, you are being held so high and treated like royalty. Literally.

Well, in the next two days, I, Giwa Falade, will officially be in Ss3 - this "all so glorious" class.

And surprisingly..

I couldn't care less.

Once upon a time, like many others, my dream was to finally be in my last year of Secondary School (Ss3), but right now, all I just want to do is graduate and never have to see my classmate's faces anymore.

Not to be a buzz kill or anything, but like my mum always told me,"Ss3 is an examination class".

The real joy is graduating really.

"Three days left for me to go back to that hell," I said to myself, a sigh of exasperation leaving with my soliloquy as I rested my back against the passengers seat of my car.

My classmates seemed rather excited about it. And for a fact, Yure Adediji was even throwing a house party tonight and guess who got invited - me.

I looked to my phone screen.

8:15p.m

I took hours debating today whether or not I'd attend Yure's party. I surprised myself by deciding to go. I shocked myself even more as I put it into action and there I was - my braids in a ponytail, black lace top and high waisted faded jeans on- sitting down, cross-legged in my car, dressed all chic and fire for Yure's party and waiting for my driver to take me there.

Why Yure even invited me is what I fully couldn't understand. Like hell, I don't even think the guy likes me. I mean, he was one guy that always somehow managed to pick out one thing or two that I was doing wrong. It got pretty annoying how he always somehow made it look like I was such an evil villain and he was the hero of the day.

So yes - I get accused of being mean to people a lot. People call me plain rude. I'd say I'm very outspoken, but people like Yure misunderstand that. That's why we would never get along. Everybody in Castron High knew that I, Giwa Falade and Yure Adediji were like fire and water respectively, and you can just imagine how much of a problem that would be having that I was the Head Girl and he so happened to be the Head Boy.

I know what you're thinking.
What a disaster!

For all I know, Yure just invited me because he had to. Well, I so happen to be that girl everyone in school was all about. You know? The one who has the sassiest attitude, wears the dopest uniforms, and has her alpha clique that people crave attention from. Yeah, sort of like the Queen Bee you may say. It's not like Yure Adediji had a choice really. I had to be invited. Whether he liked me or not didn't really matter.

The reason Castron High students were so particular about me and my life was crystal clear  to me. Sure, my parents were super rich. Both of them own Falade Realty - only but the biggest estate in Nigeria, having dozens of mansions worth millions for sale. In other words, they were multi billionaires. So you can imagine the kind of Luxury we enjoyed. But then again, mostly every kid in my school had rich parents. Our fees were in millions so any kid with middle class parents couldn't afford it. So, being super rich was not much of a big deal, so that being said, that wasn't the  reason I got my fame in Castron High.