xvii

as time went by, the two deiced to call it a night. schlatt walked her back home. they walked hand and hand down the street in the pouring rain. "I wish it would rain all the time," she said looking up at him, he smiled "me too". 

they stopped under a street light that was right next to the girl's apartment complex. "I had a good time with you tonight schlatt" his completion turned a slightly rosy color, "I did too". autumn stood up on her tiptoes and placed a kiss on his left cheek making his face go red. 

the brown-haired girl let go of his hand "goodnight" she turned around and walked towards the door. "autumn" he said making her turn back around. before she could get a word out he placed his lips on hers. 

at first, the kiss startled her but once she realized what was happening, autumn melted into his touch. both of them experienced a feeling they hadn't in a long time. he was the first one to pull away. 

"I-I'm sorry," schlatt said flustered, autumn smiled, "Don't be" she turned around and walked to the front door of her building, "goodnight schlatt" "goodnight" she walked inside. 

the boy called an uber and made his way back home, butterflies filled his stomach. i can't believe i did that.