| LAP 10 |

⋆★⋆
═══════ LAP 10/15 ═══════

💜💗💜Another long update but you're used to it by now :) Please make sure you're voting on all chapters & don't be shy to spam comments, enjoy!

💜💗💜
Another long update but you're used to it by now :) Please make sure you're voting on all chapters & don't be shy to spam comments, enjoy!
. . .
💜 ALSO DON'T PLAY THE AUDIO YET! 💜
💗 WHEN I SAY HEHE 💗

◢◤◢◤ ⚙️ ◢◤◢◤

A week has gone by since I received JK's infamous warning... As menacing as it was, I guess part of me needed the harsh reminder of not getting too comfortable here. This is a job after all.

It reminded me not to put my feelings before work...

That, and to never get on JK's bad side. His temper is way too unpredictable.

As the days drive by, I've been trying to prove myself by working longer shifts and helping with cleaning after hours. I wanna slowly rebuild his trust, so hopefully JK sees that I'm loyal enough to never betray Gatti.

As for Dad, I can safely say that coming home late no longer feels so sneaky or guilt-tripping. I'm grateful that he supportive enough to let me drive and chase my dreams while he single-handedly manages the garage... With the helpful distraction of some Burberry shirts of course.

*Vrooooom!*

The engine-filled night comes to an end as watchers cheer for the final two cars that zoom through the finish line. Despite the hype, I remain distracted and on my knees as I focus on the tire I'm changing in front of my open garage.

"Yo, She."

My chin snaps up when JK casually sits on the hood of the yellow Ferrari 360 I'm working on, wearing an oversized graphic tee with baggy jeans, low hanging chains, silver jewels and a white headband that sits under his stringy long locks.

Honestly, seeing him during the daytime vs Gatti hours are two completely different things. JK's the star of these shows, so him speaking to me despite all the people that have come to see him is always unexpected...

"Hi... Uh, how are the guys doing?"

He shrugs, rolling brown paper between his fingers. "Takeoff's patching up, managed to bail Quavo and Offset but they' on probation for two weeks."

"Oh..." I frown at the thought of them not being here. "And your arm?"

I couldn't help but notice the bandages peeking from beneath his sleeve, along with the redebuting white plaster on his cheek. I still don't even know what happened, but something tells me AD had something to do with it...