rebuild.

it's been a little while huh, i've missed writing so much & i've especially missed seeing all your comments. i know there's a lot going on in the world right now so i wanted to just leave this for you all, i hope you're staying safe and healthy and please feel free to message me whenever.

this oneshot is dedicated to three amazing people

KaireWrites - please go check out her work, she inspires me in ways that i will never be able to describe and she's truly an angel <3

cathyliz - my baby i love you with everything i have in me

weirdolewserofficial - ur the baddest bitch here

anyways, i hope you all enjoy and don't forget to leave feedback or your thoughts. thank you!

- kami 🌻

-
if it stays

then it is love

if it ends

then it is a love story

I look back at all the memories we painted together in your garage, the dances we created, the bond we strengthened..the love we planted and watched bloom.

I look to your kitchen and remember the nights we spent laughing, singing, sitting together with your family — ignoring all the relationship comments because we couldn't imagine being more than what we established, but I still found my cheeks turning pink and my ears burning red thinking of the thought.

I look to your living room and I think about all the movies we watched, all the shows we binged, all the snacks we regretted eating, all the sleepless nights we spent talking — dreaming with our eyes open.

As I walk into your bedroom, my lips immediately curl into a smile as my hand grazes the wall where our pictures are nicely tapped against a cream colored paint. My gaze skims over all the photos, some I don't recognize, others I find in the picture frames along the walls of the barren halls inside my own home.

Everything is how I remember it, neat, crisp, in order. Your bed is still made the same way you always left it, the dent of where your skin once laid is untouched but fading beneath the sheets. Almost as if you was here not too long ago, lying in your bed like the old times while I sat against the window across the room and watched your mother and father sit out with their morning cups of tea under the willow in the yard.

You used to ask me why I always enjoyed watching them sit out every morning together and I always answered it the same way. "because I want to be in love like that one day."

But, I didn't know love was so complicated. Why didn't you tell me? Did you know it would be so hard?

Looking over onto your dresser, I found the letters you planned on giving me. Why didn't you ever deliver them? Five letters, all adressed and stamped ready to go -- but they never made their way to me. I can't help but think how different things would have been if I had got them. Would you still have left?

There's one thing I learned from all of this and it's that people can't wait forever.

It's okay, I wouldn't be able to wait forever either.