Former Hero and Former Assassin

The man sitting in the chair elegantly while sipping tea didn't bother inviting the princess to sit, showing his cold behaviour.
They are finally alone. Only the three of them left.
The princess is not offended with the way the man is treating her.

"I want to commission a slave."

"A princess of a kingdom that abolish slavery wants a slave? I find that....amusing."
The man said and chuckles.

The princess knit a brow.
"Why not? I can't?"

The man is in his mid 30's.
He is flawless, handsome, refined, adorned and influencial. He doesn't even need to bow his head to a king of a small country like Larksen.
Let alone a not so popular princess.

Emerald knits a brow.
She needs employee as soon as possible making it hard to look around tbe country.
She needs to post a note saying she is hiring, she needs to interview them and to make arrangements since if she employ them and they work in the palace it will be harder for them to leave as they want. She only thinks of hiring a slave because it is convenient but she won't force herself.

Emerald sighs.
She turns around.

"Actually, there are two slaves we have to dispose as soon as possible. Right, master?" The werewolf said behind.

The man looks at the warewolf then to the princess.

"What is your commission?"

"I need 2 workers. Preferably female but male is actually more appropriate, I guess. They will be working 8 hours, cooking and carrying stuff, also delivering."
Emerald clenches her fist. "I really need them now because I am doing a business."

"Business?" The man smiles. Hearing business matter is one of his past time.

"A sandwich business."

"Oh?"

"You may think it is ordinary but It is actually pretty popular to the soldiers because I use 2 special sauces that you may haven't seen before...or may have seen but not exactly the same."
Emerald thinks a merchant like this have travelled alot and maybe in some other part of the world someone thought of making ketchup and mayo since it is not that hard to make.

"I see." The man smiles.
"I am interested with this sauces." The man smiles.

"I have some if you want."

"Really?" The man eyes sparkle.

"Yes. But not here. It is in the carriage. I want to sell---share some to a friend's restaurant."

"Hoh. Then I would like to have a taste. If I like it I'll buy it from you."

"Hoh...That is good but...You shouldn't think I am an easy prey right? Thinking of buying from me with the lower price would be your down fall."

The man blinks and then he laughs.

"My name is August Verhan. I am born as a noble in Feavati Empire but I am more of a merchant now, travelling the world."

"My name is Princess Emerald Larksen. Welcome to Larksen Kingdom."

"So the sauces?"

".......Shouldn't you tell me first about my commission?"

The man smile disappear and he thinks deep and then he looks at the werewolf.
The werewolf nods.

"Actually princess, we doesn't have a slave fitting for your commission. And all the other slaves we brought here are already have their masters. I am just sending them. Larksen abolished slavery and I didn't think of bringing slaves to sell in this kingdom."