boom look at my belly

'Wedding day' was in two days so Jaden and I decided we should take our parents out for dinner to update them on recent events. My belly was getting harder to hide under large t-shirts and hoodies now so it's about time we tell the people who birthed us especially because everyone was getting super suspicious now considering I spent most of my mornings hidden in our bedroom puking my guts out.
I decided to wear a cute flowy dress tonight, and put a cardigan over it for now, so when we told them I could just take the cardigan off and basically be like 'Boom look at my belly'. I was admiring the small bump on my stomach in the mirror when Jaden wrapped his arms around my waist, placing his hands over mine on my belly.
"I think it's a boy." He smiled.
"I hope it's a boy. I mean, I'll be happy with a boy or girl but I want a boy first so he can be protective over his little sister some day. " I giggled.
"Jaden Jr is going to be a stud"
"Are you serious?" I laughed.
"Yeah don't you like it?" He smirked.
"I like it for a middle name. I really like Brycen as a first name maybe. "
"You wanna name our first born after Bryce?"
We both busted out laughing.
"I didn't even think of it like that, I just really like the name."
"I honestly like it though. Brycen Jaden Hossler." He repeated over and over again with a large grin plastered on his face.

We just sat down at a table with both of our parents. Jaden and I sat at the foot of the table while our parents sat across from each other. We were the only ones seated in the back of the restaurant so thankfully we had some privacy. We all ordered food and drinks and were talking amongst ourselves when Jaden cleared his throat.
"So we want to tell you guys something." He glanced around the table before continuing. "So we're actually getting married in the morning, at the court house. We obviously want you guys to be there. And then the actual 'wedding' will actually be a reception with everyone. I mean we'll still walk down the aisle but we'll basically be like "since we're already married let's party". He laughed.
"We figured since nothing about our relationship has ever been traditional then why start now. " I smiled, hoping for approval from our parents.
Both sets of parents glanced around, almost wondering if we were joking or being serious. My mom finally spoke up after awhile.
"I really thought you guys couldn't ever surprise me more than you have, but you just did. I think a more intimate ceremony is a lovely idea. She smiled and my shoulders immediately un-tensed.
"It'll definitely be memorable. " Jaden's dad laughed.
"I just can't believe my babies are getting married!" Jaden's mom squealed, reaching over and pinching Jaden's cheek, earning a chuckle from the table.
"Now we just need more grandkids and we'll be a big happy family." My dad winked, "Champagne honey?" He looked at me, since I was the only one without any at the table.
"Oh, no I think I'm good." I stood up from the table and dropped my cardigan. "Surprise!"
"Oh my god I was joking!" My dad gasped.
Both my mom and Jaden's had their hands over their mouths in shock.
"I can't believe it! I'm going to be a grandma! Amy squealed, bringing us both into a hug which slowly turned into a large group hug with everyone at the table. God my family loves a good group hug.

After the eventful dinner, we all say our goodbyes and headed in three different directions to our homes. I interlocked my fingers with Jaden's in the car and looked over and admired his beauty. His hair was messy, but polished. He had left the first three buttons on his shirt un-done. He looked so sexy. I can't believe in two days this man was going to be my husband, and then in a little over seven and a half months we would be parents.
"Whatcha thinking about?" He noticed me staring.
"About how lucky I am. " I leaned over and kissed his cheek.
"So when we get home I think you should show me just how lucky you are. " He smirked.

You don't have to tell me twice.