24. feeling a tad dead

s2e19: klaus

Brynley and Elena sat next to him all night, waiting for him to wake up. When he did, Elena and Brynley immediately stood up.

"Brynley!" Elijah gasped and stood up, looking between Elena and Brynley. "Katerina!"

"No, Elijah, that's Elena." Brynley corrected and walked over to him.

"Oh my god." Elijah tried to say as he began to struggle to breath.

"Elijah, what's wrong?" Brynley asked, placing a hand on his face.

"I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?" Elijah rambled and tried to rush over to the door, but slammed into the wall. Bryn immediately running and holding him up. "I can't...I can't be in this house."

"You're not invited in." Brynley whispered.

"Then get me out of here." Elijah begged before he rushed outside, crashing a couple times. Brynley and Elena ran to the doorway. Elijah tried to enter the house, but he couldn't. "What happened?"

"Shh!" Elena shushed and pointed at her ears, signaling how Stefan and Damon could hear them. "I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?"

"Can I trust you?" Elijah whispered back and Elena handed him the dagger. Elijah turned to Bryn with a smirk on his face. "How about you?"

"You know you can trust me." Brynley smiled and walked outside, giving him a hug. "Hi."

"Hello." Elijah smirked before wrapping his arms around her.

"You don't understand how happy I am to see you undaggered." Brynley continued to smile at him.

"That smile," Elijah whispered and blush rushed to Brynley's cheeks. "You don't understand how happy I am to see that smile."

"But you saw me in the dream world." Brynley joked with a giggle.

"It's not the same."

-

Elena pulled over onto the side of the road, she turned around to look at Bryn and Elijah, who sat in the backseat together. "You look better."

"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah stopped drinking from a blood bag.

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." Elena begged.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." Elijah sighed and Brynley gave him a look.

"No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours." Elena negotiated.

"And why should I even consider this?" Elijah asked.

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you." Elena explained.

"Is she being honest?" Elijah whispered to Bryn while Elena answered her phone.

"Yes," Bryn nodded. "The only way we have right now to kill Klaus ends with Bonnie being dead. We need you to find another way, please."

"We will." Elijah promised.

"Elijah is a noble man, Stefan. He lives by a code of honor. I can trust him. He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself." Elena spoke to Stefan on the phone and Elijah looked at her, impressed. "It's my decision, Stefan. Please respect it. And make sure that Damon doesn't do anything stupid. I'll be in touch."

Elijah held his hand out and Elena gave him her phone.

"He's here. He's taken over Alaric's body." Elena looked at Elijah.