6: Handkerchief

Yoon Bora
02/27/20

"Really?! That must be so embarrassing." I reacted.

"Embarrassing was an understatement." He replied.

Namjoon-as he would like me to call him-was telling me a story of his childhood about him running late for class and, slipped on the doorway of their room, with everyone watching.

I continued to eat my sandwich, while he was picking on some fries. "You know, I haven't gotten the chance to tell you that you look gorgeous that night." He smirked at me.

I blushed, "Umm, thanks. I think my sister really did a great job in making look human that night." I mumbled jokingly, rolling my eyes, emphasizing the phrase that night.

He suddenly realized what he said. "No, that's not what I-. Well, yes you look gorgeous that night but you always look great. Like that one time you were setting things up for the campaign of your party. Even now you look good." He said nervously, as he said the last part to himself, but I heard it.

"So you were watching me while I was doing work?" I teased him.

"No, it's not what you think. Like, I saw you, many people saw you." He said, stating his point, obviously blushing hard.

It's the first time I saw him opposite to calm and compose. And it is kinda funny to see the Kim Namjoon blushing hard in front me. "I'm just joking." I laughed.

"Speaking of that night though, did you see a white handkerchief with my name on it?" He asked.

"Yes, I almost forgot." I told him as I reached out to my bag, and handed him the square fabric. "I think you dropped it when you were getting crepes. I was going to give it to you but you already left."

"It's fine, thank you. This thing is really important to me it was given to me by my grandmother." He said.

"You're welcome." I smiled. "I'm done. I'll pay, then we can go back." He offered. "No, I invited, so I'm paying." I insisted. "Bora, I'm paying, ok?" I gave up and let him pay.

We went out and Namjoon drove back to the presinct. When we arrived, Namjoon and I went out his car, and he walked me to mine.

He opened the car door for me, "Thanks for the ride, and for the lunch, and for today." I smiled. "I had fun today, Bora. Umm.. Can I borrow your phone?" I handed him my phone and waited for him to finish whatever he was doing with it.

"That's my number, message me when you get home." He smiled, showing his famed dimples, before waving and proceeding back to his car. She looked as Namjoon drove away in his black BMW.

I buckled my seatbelt and sped off to my humble abode.

I got my hidden house keys under a flower pot and unlocked the front door. I went in, and saw my sister sprawled out on the sofa, scrolling through her phone. "Hey sis, I left lunch for you." She must've heard the door open.

"Thanks, but I already ate. You can eat it already, I know how greedy you are." I said teasingly.

"Am not." She chased after me. "You are, admit it." I squealed as she grasped my arm, and tickled my waist.

"Okay, okay fine, you're not." I breathed heavily, as she let go of me. "But, seriously though, you can eat it." I added. "Okay, I will." Without second doubt, she replied.

I went straight to my room to change into my pajamas, and plopped face down on my bed. I suddenly remembered to send a text to Namjoon. I grabbed my phone and looked for his name in the contacts list. Namjoon.

Hey, it's Bora, I'm at home. Thanks again for lunch.

After a minute or two, he replied.

Hi, I'm glad you're home safely. I just arrived to mine as well. No worries for lunch. I hope we grab another one:)

Yah, sure that would be nice.

I got to go Bora, I'll talk to you again, maybe tomorrow. Bye.

Okay. Bye Namjoon.

I placed my phone on my bedside table and took a nap.