0.35

chapter 35

 "follow officer plumb to that tent. they'll escort you to the investigator" shoupe instructs to india as he lets her out of the car. 

india nods silently, tears running down her cheeks. she didn't know why she was crying, but she figured it might have had something to do with the fact that she was getting arrested for the first time ever. 

she steps out of the car slowly, looking around for jj and the rest. she couldn't see them anywhere. 

they had put her on a separate van from the others; shoupe had gotten word that india had seen the shooting and they wanted to interrogate her. 

the girl looks around, watching the police lights shine bright blue and red. countless of soldiers and officers stand around, all of them holding back a wondering crowd from stepping into the tents. 

"over here" an officer calls out, motioning for india. 

india follows, entering a quiet tent. 

she didn't like it. she didn't know what she would say, because she actually didn't remember anything except peterkin getting shot. 

"hey, i need to know where my girlfriend is!" a voice shouts from outside. 

india recognizes it immediately. she looks at the tent opening, watching as jj struggles to look around the place trying to find her. he starts to push back when two police officers grab him by the arms. 

"jj, i'm here, i'm fine!" she yells out, trying to ease his mind. if he continued to struggle against the officers he would get into more trouble than he already was in. 

jj's head snaps to the tent she's in, and his gaze softens when he meets india's eye. 

india smiles at him, nodding. "i'll be with you guys in a few minutes" she assures. 

jj looks hesitant for a moment, turning to look at the officers before sighing in defeat. 

"i love you" he calls out as he's pushed to the other tent. 

"i love you too" india replies, but he's out of sight already. 

a few moments later a man comes in. he looks in his late thirties, and sports a frown on his face. he looks at the girl for a moment, scanning her before taking a seat on the other side of the desk. 

he puts his papers on the surface, sighing and turning to the girl. 

"it's india... right? india walker?" he questions, scanning one of the papers. 

india nods nervously, looking at the man. 

"well, i'm going to get straight to the point here. a little buddy of yours shot sheriff peterkin, and ward informed us that you were on the plane tracks when that happened. he said that you could provide evidence and say that john b, in fact shot her. is that true?" the detective asks. 

"i was at the plane tracks when it happened, but i honestly don't remember anything" she replies, avoiding eye contact. 

"why don't you remember anything?" the man asks. 

"um- i- when were on the plane ward stopped it and i hit my head on a metal pole, i- i don't really remember anything after that except seeing peterkin on the floor" she replies. she wasn't good at interrogations, and it was clear. 

the man scans her face. 

"so you don't know who did it?" he asks. 

"i know that rafe did it, but i don't really remember seeing him shoot her" she replies.