Day 450

400 Days After Fina by JellOfAllTrades
Chapter 16

After Kuya Ken dropped off the food and made sure I've eaten and taken my medicine, he said his goodbye and reminded me of his threat that I'm not supposed to go to the office for the next two more days. I begrudgingly obliged despite feeling better than the night before.

I was in bed, passing time by reading the news when Jaime called.

"Hello?"

"Hey, brah." Jaime greeted cheerfully.

"What's up?"

"Nasaan ka? I stopped by your office and you're not there."

I pulled away from the phone to cough before replying. "Nasa condo. May sakit ako."

"Oh, Kate wasn't kidding pala." His voice sounded mildly surprised. I suppose he thought the sickness was just an excuse for me to get away from the office for a bit.

"Yeah."

"Magsosorry pala sana kasi ako sayo for what happened a couple of weeks ago."

I turned around to reach for a tissue to wipe my nose. "About what?"

"You know, Angel and Fina."

"Oh," I've almost forgotten that I kicked him out of my office for his ridiculous claim that Angel is my new Fina. I didn't even bother to contact him after that day.

"I'm sorry if I pissed you off for targeting Angel. Di ko na uulitin. Angel is yours, or not, whatever. Basta back off na ako."

"Okay."

"And to make it up to you, I'm sending you a gift."

"What gift?" I asked, remembering the gag gift I gave him for his birthday.

"Basta, abangan mo na lang." Jaime replied. "By the way, how are you feeling?"

"A lot better than last night. May onting sipon at ubo na lang."

"That's good. Umiinom ka ba ng maraming tubig?"

"Yes."

"May gamot ka pa?"

"Yes." I replied, getting annoyed at the small talk.

"Okay, good. Wait mo na lang yung gift ko sayo. I'm sure you'll like it."

"Okay, thanks, I guess."

"Sige na, get well soon, brah."

"Thank you."

I ended the call and resumed reading the news. After a while, I felt sleepy so I took a nap.

Maybe an hour or so has passed when I heard the doorbell ring. Night has fallen so I took a swig of water from a bottle I have by the bedside table and got up to open a few lights before going to the front door for what I expect is Jaime's gift. Instead of a delivery boy, I found myself face to face with my favorite ex.

Mitch's long blond hair is pinned by a white paper cap with a large red cross printed in the middle. As usual, she's wearing her signature red lipstick and unusually, she's wearing a long beige trench coat.

When she saw that she has my full attention and that she caught me off guard, she took off the trench coat to reveal a slutty nurse outfit underneath. My jaw dropped at the sight of her red and white unconventional get up.

"I'm here for patient Jellane Ramos." Mitch said, her voice was low and soft, almost like a purr.

I coughed at how she said my name. At first, the cough was just a reaction to her until it turned to real coughing and I had to take another swig of water from my bottle to calm my throat.