22 ☆ head over heels

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

HEAD OVER HEELS

"'mark my words, eunbyeol moon,' he points at up her

"'mark my words, eunbyeol moon,' he points at up her. 'you pay attention to draco malfoy for another millisecond and he'll be falling head over heels.'"

☆☆☆

Eunbyeol nods and watches people bustle around Platform Nine and Three-Quarters as her parents give their usual speech. She nods and agrees when they expect her to and makes her way to the Hogwarts Express, head bowed. She reaches the door to the train at the same time as a tall boy and pauses. "I'm sorry," Eunbyeol murmurs.

"S'alright," Lee replies, the tiniest grin on his face. She doesn't return the gesture. He glances behind and sees her parents watching, then takes a step back, allowing her into the train first. He follows closely after her. "Crikey, Byeol," he mutters once they're in the corridors, safe from outside windows. "You weren't kidding when you said your folks were a scary lot. Your dad looks like a yakuza member. What's the Korean equivalent of the yakuza?"

She smiles slightly. "There isn't one, really. Jo-pok, maybe. How was your break, Lee?"

"Fine," he shrugs. He flicks his wand and levitates her trunk in the air, along with his own. "Met up with the twins once, Katie and Terry twice. Mr. Weasley's doing alright now, if you didn't know."

"I know," Eunbyeol says. "I said hello to him over break! George and Fred got me a two-way mirror for Christmas."

"Clever or them, getting you that. I missed seeing you, Angie, and Tony around!" Angelina and Tony both spent their breaks abroad, in France and India respectively.

"I missed everyone, too. Thank you for the gift, by the way. For the trunk carrying, too," she giggles. Red hair catches her eye in a compartment, but it's Ron rather than either of the twins. "You really didn't need to get me so many licorice wands."

"What, you don't like them?"

"No, I love them," Eunbyeol explains. "I'm afraid I've been eating too many sweets."

"Oh, please," Lee scoffs. He peers into a compartment. "You don't need to worry about eating too many sweets. You're Eunbyeol Moon! I hear you've been dancing up a storm over break anyway."

"The twins tell you that?"

He nods. "Oh, thanks for your present! Can't believe I forgot to say that. Bloody brilliant, it was. Sore throat potions! How'd you know my throat hurts after quidditch games?"

"You complained about it after every match, Lee," Eunbyeol points out dryly. "I'd have to be deaf to not know."

"Oi, Lee! Byeol!" Tony comes jogging down the corridor, glasses bouncing. "We were looking for you two! We're a few compartments down."