xi. world's second time-travelers

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕕𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕓𝕪 𝕒𝕝𝕒𝕟 𝕤𝕚𝕝𝕧𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕚

DECIDING TO STAY up until 1 a.m. proved to be smarter than setting an alarm at first for Amanda until she was constantly yawning after checking her clock. The pebbles hitting her window suddenly was enough a scare to wake her up as she opened the window to see a just as tired Marty carrying a video camera. "Doc woke me up to grab this back at his place— You ready to go?" She nodded silently, pulling on her sweatshirt over her and grabbed her skateboard to shut the window behind her as they began to make their way to whatever was waiting for them at the empty parking lot of Twin Pines Mall.

Coming down, the two of them stopped when seeing the large white van sitting alone in the parking lot. The side read DR. BROWN ENTERPRISES. . . 24 HOUR SCIENTIFIC SERVICES, which made no sense to either of them considering Doc was barely running to fund his own experiments these days. He'd constantly been saying this was the one he'd been studying all his life to figure out, or so Marty could recollect and was briefed on by Amanda on their way here.

Amanda continued to look around confused before spotting Einstein, beaming at the sight of him. "Einstein!" She cheered for both her and Marty to lean down to pet the dog as a greeting. "Where's the Doc. boy?"

As if on cue, a ramp within the van lowered to reveal something like smoke spewing out. The effect proved successfully as both teens were at a loss for words over what all this was. Only making matters more strange, a Delorean soon came down the ramp to have Marty and Amanda take a step back from it.

The doors opened suddenly, revealing an ever-enthusiastic Doc. "You both made it!" The two of them could barely stammer a 'yes' as a response, however, the Doc didn't seem to notice and continued on speaking rapidly. "Welcome to my latest experiment! It's the one I've been waiting for all my life!"

"Um, well, it's a Delorean right?" Amanda mentioned, only to have Doc ignore both hers and Marty's attempt at mentioning this obvious fact and instead instructed for them to watch and record what was to be occurring tonight.

Standing behind Marty holding the video camera, the two of them now overly concerned with the mental state of Doc at this point in regards to  sending Einstein off into the car, was as strange as the late night was beginning to turn to. The Delorean now sat at the opposite side of the parking lot to face them directly which made her anxious in regards to the care of his dog being more or less driven around in a remote control car.

Marty turned over to Amanda to notice her picking at the ends of nails, reaching a free hand out to stop her. She turned up to him with the video camera facing her out of him wanting to check in on her. "Not me, the car," She called back, mocking what Doc had said earlier to have him soften over her laughing at her own joke.

Being unfazed by the antics occurring with the teenagers beside him, Doc held the remote in his hands that was controlling the Delorean. He grinned to himself confidently over the events that were to occur soon enough if this plan went as successfully as he hoped it would. "When this baby hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious shit."

The car's wheels spun rapidly as Amanda looked down to see the speedometer reading out quickly on the controls. Doc let the car go rather suddenly, heading straight towards their direction. Instinctively Marty worried for himself and Amanda, taking her hand to try to get them out of the way. Stopping him by taking his arm suddenly, Doc continued to wait and watched what would occur soon enough. "Watch this, Watch this." Instead of being railed by a Delorean to their demise, the car disappeared before them in a bright flash of light.