8; awkward exes

"Jeongyeon unnie!" Tzuyu ran up to Jeongyeon and hugged her. "It's been ages."

Jeongyeon hugged the taller and younger girl back as she looked over her shoulder, meeting the eyes of Nayeon and Chaeyoung.

Nayeon shyly waved, feeling quite awkward, as Chaeyoung made a stank face behind her, feeling the tension in the room.

"What is she doing here?" Jeongyeon asked as her and Tzuyu let go of each other.

"Well, we need to sit down before we tell you."

"And why is that?" Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow.

"Well..." Chaeyoung's voice trailed off.

*****

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MINA WENT MISSING?!"

"Jeongyeon, calm down! Please, it's late at night, I don't want to hear any screaming!" Nayeon screeched.

"You're screaming too, Nayeon! Do you not hear yourself?"

"Okay, but you're screaming louder-"

"But your voice is generally loud!" Jeongyeon pointed fingers.

"That's not me, that's Jihyo!"

"And? You have a loud voice too!"

"But-"

"Why don't both of you just shut up?" Tzuyu folded her arms over. "Even after the one thing you had in common left, you didn't even bother trying to become at least friends again."

"Exactly. Besides, MY girlfriend is missing, and you exes can't even help me. You'll just be fighting half the time."

Jeongyeon sighed. "Okay, so why are you asking me for help?"

"Nayeon said you know how to use computers and stuff... so we wanted to ask you to help us find the IP address of the person who texted me." Chaeyoung fumbled with her fingers.

"Nayeon said that?" Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon. "You still remember?"

Nayeon nodded slightly. "How can I forget? Our first date was at a computer cafe, and you helped me when I couldn't work it out."

Jeongyeon smiled. "You're just naturally stupid like that, that's why I fell in love with you."

Nayeon blushed. "O-oh."

"Moving on," Tzuyu clapped her hands as she gagged at the two. "Jeongyeon, go find the IP address, and I'll comfort the dwarf over here."

"DWARF?!" Chaeyoung expressed her face in shock.

"Sh, sh." Tzuyu said as she patted the shorter girl's hair. "Quiet now, small one."

Chaeyoung frowned as Tzuyu wrapped her arms around her smaller body.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

The four turned their head in shock.

"Who's that?" Nayeon asked.

"Ah," Jeongyeon clicked her fingers. "I forgot, Jisoo and Seulgi are coming over."

"You took my roommate?!" Nayeon screeched.

"I didn't take her. She chose me." Jeongyeon scoffed as she walked to the door. "Besides, you guys aren't even roommates anymore. You moved out into Momo's apartment, remember?"

"Of course I remember. I live with her now, stupid."

Jeongyeon opened the door, and smiled as Jisoo and Seulgi came in.

Jisoo hugged Jeongyeon, but let go when she saw the other three waving awkwardly at them.

"Nayeon?" Jisoo opened her mouth in an 'O' shape. "Why is Chou Tzuyu here? You guys are friends? And Chaeyoung? What?!"

Seulgi grinned. "This is cool. Where's Sana?"

Tzuyu gulped.

"Ah, I shouldn't have brought it up, sorry." Seulgi apologised, seeing the look on Tzuyu's face. "But where exactly is Mina and Sana? Aren't they your best friends?"

"That's the problem. They're not here." Chaeyoung replied.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asked as she walked towards the other three. "You didn't break up with Mina, did you, Chaeyoung?"

"No, Chu. Mina was kidnapped." Nayeon sighed.

"But isn't she an adult?"

Nayeon glared at Jisoo.

"What? I'm sorry, it's really awkward. I tend to make jokes when I feel the pressure."

"It's fine. But yes, she's been adult - i mean - kidnapped. Sorry to ruin your girl's night, but we need Jeongyeon to help us find out something." Chaeyoung mumbled.

"Okay, can I help? I really like all this spying thingies." Seulgi questioned.

Jeongyeon placed her arm on Seulgi's shoulder. "We need all the help we can get."

Chaeyoung looked over at Tzuyu. "You okay? You wanna talk outside for a moment?"

Tzuyu nodded.

*****

They stood on Jeongyeon's balcony, watching the lights of cars as they drove past.

"What's on your mind?" Chaeyoung asked.

"It's just..." Tzuyu's voice trailed off. "Now everyone I'm meeting reminds me of Sana, and now that Mina's been adult-napped, I'm feeling anxious about even going out.

And hearing that Mina's kidnapper might have a connection to Sana just breaks my heart even more. I really do miss her, but everytime I think of her, I seem to break down and have a panic attack.

And usually, Mina's the one who gets me through that. But now that Mina's suddenly disappeared, what do I do?"

Chaeyoung shrugged. "I have no idea. Sana's back, Nayeon and Jeongyeon are interacting, and Mina's been kidnapped. Things have changed since Sana arrived this morning."

"It's only been this morning?! I thought she arrived a week ago, this day has been so long!" Tzuyu gasped.

"Time does go slow when..." Chaeyoung paused. "When you're not having fun? I can't remember the exact phrase, it's something like that."

Tzuyu laughed. "I get what you mean. But I get the feeling things are going to change a lot more with her back."

"Mmhm. I feel it too."