lemon and walnuts

knock knock

the first thing angelo said once the door was open was, "you order really weird waffles."

"huh?"

"i've never heard of lemon and walnut waffles."

"i read somewhere online that they both can cure hangovers. probably a myth, but whatever."

angelo averted his eyes and fidgeted with the waffle box. "oh. you were drinking last night?"

eden took the box from his hands. "you don't have to act like you don't know, angie. i remember everything from last night."

...

"oh."

she turned and placed the box on the kitchen counter before pulling out some money from her pocket and returning to the door. "i just don't see why we have to talk about it."

angelo shrugged and took the money. "if you say so."

"but i don't think it's fair."

"what do you mean?"

eden sighed, blowing some hair off of her face. "you know my biggest secret. don't you think it's only fair that i know yours?"

he watched as she twisted her hair into a bun and, using a pen, stuck it in place. he replied, "i don't have any secrets."

"says everyone with a secret to hide."

...

"come on, angie. everyone has something they don't want someone else to know. what's yours?"

deep down, angelo knew exactly what his secret was. he wasn't proud of it. no one, not even his parents, knew.

unexpectedly, angelo snapped. "you know what? this is so fucking stupid."

shocked, eden replied, "what?"

"you didn't want me to know about your secret."

"but you still found out."

"yeah, because you were drunk." he rubbed his face with both hands. "some things are better kept secret, eden."

angelo promptly turned around and walked down the stairs. and just by the sound of his footsteps, eden knew that she had upset him.

• • • • •

now that i'm on winter break, i'll be updating a lot more frequently. in fact, i've already started the next chapter (or at least ideas for it). also, my first holyloowis book, what about today?, should be finished before january. (or maybe before the second week of january. no promises.)

i've decided not to write my christmas story. at least not yet. aside from the fact that it's five days before christmas, i haven't even really planned for it. i have a loose story plot and a few scenes, but that's really it. also, i can barely keep up with one book at a time. so when i finish waffles, my main focus is rochambeau because i'm determined to finish that book. then, i'll start my superhero story (YAY!!). i'm really excited about it and a summary will be posted around january or february. and of course, i'll continue writing my lewis watson stories throughout all of this.

also, thanks for 1.2k+ reads and 100+ votes!

☯don't forget to follow, vote and comment☯