8. Coffee date

Keerti's point of view

The car halted at the front of my office. There is no one here except security guards. It's Sunday and it's expected to be like this. No one like to work on weekends.

"Can I come with you?"

I looked at him. His hands tightly gripping the steering wheel and his jaw is clenched like it took more efforts of him to asked me. There is no emotions on his face it's almost blank.

"No, I can go from here myself." I said while unbuckled my seatbelts.

His presence make me nervous. I am not myself around him and feeling like shy doll. So No, I am not going to allowed him in my work place.

I opened the door and stepped out from the car.

I jumped on my place when I heard the car's door being slammed closed loudly.

I turned and James is walking towards me.

"It's Sunday. There might be no one in there and if you didn't notice, construction work is going in the building. There must be workers. I can't let you go up there alone." He said while while running his fingers in his hair.

"I will not be alone. Serra is also there with her colleagues." I said looking at him.

"Sid send you with me so it's my responsibility to make sure about your safety." He said while looking at me with his blank, emotionless eyes.

It feels hurt to know that he wants to come with me because I am his responsibility because Bhayi send me with him. Am I nothing to him now.

I looked into his eyes try to find if he is saying not from his heart but I didn't find anything.

I nodded my head and we both started walking towards the elevator.
My office is six story building. Mr. Joe, the famous designer started this company twenty years back. Serra is a Designer head in this company. Every design go through her eyes. Without her approval, designs don't go further and yeah she is my boss and I'm her intern.

'ding...'

The elevator door is open and we both stepped inside. I pressed 5 on the keyboard and stood at the corner of the lift. He was standing at the other corner of the lift with his blank face.

I don't know what he is thinking right now but I can tell what he is thinking right now makes him angry because his hands are fisted. What he said earlier in the car 'about us.' What he is trying to say. Is he taunting me because I am the one who broke up with him.

"ding.."

Elevator stopped at the first floor and four workers stepped inside the elevator with their tools. One of the workers looked at me from head to toe and give me a creepy smile.

I moved aside to give them space to stand but they pushed me at the corner and stand in front of, facing their backs to me. I feel really uncomfortable standing there at the corner and at that time I am wishing James would be standing beside me.

Suddenly a hand grab my hand and pulled me to him. I turned my head look at the person and my eyes met with the blue orbs. He pushed me to the corner where he was standing before and stood in front of me, facing to me. He caged me between him and the elevator wall.

We both looked each other's eyes. His eyes now soften. They are showing some emotions unlike last time.

'Ding...'

Elevator door is open again and few more people stepped inside. Workers moved to give them space. They pushed on james' back and he came more close to me. We both keep looking each other, our face is very closed that if one of us move our nose could be touch.