part xvii.

The plan was to be asleep at 11 o'lock

The plan was to be asleep at 11 o'lock. But ultimately, that plan took a fat F and I was currently sitting at my desk at almost half-past two in the morning. 

I hadn't realised I had an English book study report on The Great Gatsby due tomorrow fourth period until I received an update from my teacher informing me that it was still very much indeed due. 

Safe to say, I was freaking the fuck out. 

I quickly grabbed my laptop and my notepad and settle myself on my desk chair. I had no clue what I was doing and I quickly panic-messaged the group chat between myself and the guys. It was mostly just a bunch of emojis and at least the only person awake could decode my chaotic panic. 

 And that person was none other than Sebastian Mercer. 

"Do we seriously have to face time?" I ask as I glance between the document that took up one half of my screen and the face time up on the other half. Sebastian's face was smiling through his camera at me as he lay on his stomach a top his bed. 

"Yes, I want to see your beautiful face." Sebastian says with ease into the phone and I roll my eyes, despite being slightly flatter. I push my blue-light glasses further up my phone and bring one knee up to my chest. 

"So you were saying that the green light is kinda symbolises  Gatsby's hopes and dreams, right?" I ask as I stare at him on the screen and ret my forearm on my knee. 

"Yup," Sebastian nods, "Just how my symbol has brown hair, brown eyes and who's name means dear in Italian." 

I sigh heavily, "Yup, bye Sebastian." 

"Wait! No, I want to help." Sebastian exclaims suddenly as I move the mouse to the hang up button, "Please, I'm bored without you." 

"Why are you awake at this time anyway?" I ask as I glance at the clock again. I mean, I knew why I was awake but the question at hand is how the fuck was I physically, mentally and spiritually functioning. 

"Sleep is for the weak." Sebastian relays through the speaker as I give him a dead look. He then shrugs like an adorable little child, "I don't know...I guess I was just a little restless." 

"Awww, was Sebby having nightmares?" I chuckle as I pout into the phone and he rolls his eyes at me, "Don't worry, I'll fight the bad dreams for you." 

"They're too dark." Sebastian mumbles before he smirks slyly to brush off what he had just said, "The bad dreams would crush you anyway because you're so adorably tiny." 

"I make up for size in rage and sarcasm." I nod as Sebastian chuckles at me through the phone. I then shake my head and hover my fingers over the keyboard of my laptop, "Stop distracting me, Mercer. I need to get this done." 

"Okay, so how much have you written so far?" Sebastian asks as I read over my document. 

I hum with a nod, "...My name."