XXVI|"There goes your rule No.4,"

Not edited

Melody

"Hello, earth to Melody?" I could hear Cayden call, but I was still stuck in my daze.

I was still going through my encounter with James, he said he happened to pass by and wanted to stop by for a treat, all a coincidence, apparently.

But what was bothering me was my hearts lack of interest, why was it acting too normal around James when a few months ago it would go crazy with just a smile. Something wasn't adding up.

"Melody?!" Cayden calls again

I sigh and turn to a very confused Cayden, "unfortunately I am still here, please calm down,"

His brows furrow, "wha- you haven't said anything since you got back, just been sat here stuck in a daze. What happened? Are you hurt? Did he say anything?"

Taking a deep breath I decide to finally respond, "it was the kid, the same kid that tricked you. He- he said you're his brother, he did all this just to get Warrens attention and approval,"

Cayden looked taken back, "wait, brother?"

"You didn't know,"

He shakes his head, "there was nothing to link the kid back to Warren. Shit," he curses, hunched over, running his hands through his face, "what did he say?"

I shrug, "nothing much really, he seemed a little lost and confused, I thought I'd at least talk to him, make him understand. And then, he just left, said he needs to figure this out on his own,"

Cayden pauses, slowly turning to look at me with an amused face, "he just went away?" I nod, causing Cayden's lips to slowly perk up, he was trying to hold himself back from laughing.

I stared at him, not even realising that I also unconsciously have a smile on my face, oh no.

"He's just a kid," I try to play off, shrugging.

Cayden still has the smile on his face as he shakes his head at me, "unbelievable," I know right, what am I even doing these days; the first domino was the idea to even visit someone in prison. And now I'm falling in- oh...Flour...

I quickly stand up, "anyways, I'm gonna go clean up." I say, not bothering to wait for a response and running upstairs, straight into my room.

I lean against my door, taking a deep breath. Where did that even come from?

"weirdly sometimes it just all happens unconsciously,"

Darn, you Laura.

I settle on evening my breath out and choosing to not deal with this because in 2 months, he'll be gone. So, instead, I decided to take a nice warm bath and ignore this. Great idea.

.

.

Worst idea ever.

"So what's gonna happen with Warren?" I ask as we both settle in front of the tv.

"I got what I needed and now unless he comes back looking for a fight, it should be quite," he says, pressing play on the remote.

On this episode of catching Cayden up with the movies his missed is; Tangled.

"I thought we were watching Cars? Why is there a girl with glowing hair here?" I hear Cayden question when Rapunzel first appears.

I throw popcorn at him, my eyes glued on the screen, "This is Tangled, Cars is tomorrow. Now concentrate,"

Halfway through, Cayden decides to comment, "you know if the evil mother had just lied about her birthday, all this could have been avoided,"