Chapter 22: Witching Hour

Being in Crowley and his demons' secret hideout is more entertaining than I thought it would be. He constantly has things for me to keep myself entertained with, and all of his demons are very respectful and civil. I had forced him to keep his hellhounds as far away from me as possible (due to my history with them), and Crowley was willing to comply.

   But one of his hellhounds were not.

   She ended up seeing me one way or another, and was interested in the new arrival. She had followed me into my room that Crowley had snapped up, and it wasn't until I heard very loud sniffing that I knew a hellhound was there; I just couldn't see her.

   So, naturally, I screamed and cried for Crowley.

   He appeared in my room, frantic. "What is it? What's wrong?" he asked hurriedly, glancing around for a threat.

   His eyes fell on the hellhound, and he made a sound of realization, smiling. "Ah. Looks like Juliet managed to track you down."

   "Yeah," I responded, barely able to breathe as I started sweating a ridiculous amount. "Can you please get her out of here?"

"She's harmless, love. She won't attack unless I tell her to." He then snapped his fingers, and these weird-looking glasses appeared in his hand. I recognized them as the glasses that allow humans to see hellhounds. He handed them to me. "Here. Get acquainted with her. You'll love her, I promise."

Trying my best to remain calm, I put them on. Juliet was standing directly in front of me. She was huge, black, and had red eyes.

However, she didn't look intimidating. She looked relaxed, and her tail was wagging innocently.

I could feel my shoulders relax. I held out my hand for her to sniff, which she did, her tail speeding up.

She gave my hand a little lick. I reached up and patted her head in response, a gesture which she appreciated.

"Hey, Juliet," I said quietly, my fear slipping away.

And ever since then, Juliet and I have been best friends. Crowley even gifted me with the ability to see her without putting on those goofy-looking glasses.

She's sitting on my bed with me now. I'm stroking her head as we watch some Netflix.

   A dog appears on the screen, and Juliet's ears perk up. She growls lowly, her hackles standing on end.

   I stroke her shockingly soft fur. "It's all right, girl," I tell her quietly.

   She relaxes, her growling stopping. However, she's still eyeing the dog suspiciously.

   Juliet's attention then gets directed elsewhere. Her head snaps to the right, and her tail goes nuts. She hops off the bed and runs towards the body that was added to the room.

   I look at the person, and it's none other than the King of Hell. I smile at him as he squats down, giving Juliet a quick scratch behind the ears. However, his eyes never leave mine as he does so.

   "Hi," I say, my smile widening some.

   "Hello, kitten," Crowley replies, smiling at me.

   I'm ashamed to admit that I have to remind myself how to breathe at the very sight.

   Crowley straightens up to his full height. "I want to take you somewhere."

   "And where would you like to take me?"

   He shrugs. "Maybe a fancy restaurant? I'm not really sure, but I want to treat you some way or the other. You've been a great guest to have here these past few weeks."