84

The staff slowly followed as Sybill Trelawney had been escorted out of the staff room by Dolores Umbridge

Dolores happily led the divination professor out into the courtyard where Filch had rudely dropped Sybill's trunks into the puddled pavement from mornings rain.

Eleanor stopped in her tracks. It seemed to be the same reaction with the other professors as they stood on the outskirts of the courtyard with troubled expressions.

Eleanor was speechless, it was just moments ago when Dolores had told them that one of them would have lost their job. She was confused as it is knowing that it hadn't been her, but she was astonished to see what had happened before her own eyes. Seeing Sybill on the cold wet pavment with her luggage scattered around her, the scene itself looked like a public execution if it was out of context.

She saw the same fear inside Trelawney's thick glasses as she had once seen in her own.

"She can't— she isn't allowed to do this... right?" Eleanor had asked outloud.

Severus, who had been standing beside her whispered in reply, "Not without Dumbledore's clarification, she's not. I'll be back, make sure Trelawney stays put."

Eleanor nodded her head as she watching him walk back into the castle to seek out the headmaster. Soon enough students began to curiously stand around the courtyard to watch the out break happen before their own eyes.

Mcgonagall on the other hand began to run over to sybill who sobbed on the cold wet pavment ground with her face buried in her hands.

Umbridge stood still like a statue with a pressed lip smile across her face, "Something you'd like to say?" She asked with a pitched tone.

"I wish to say many things!" Mcgonagall raised her voice at the woman. "You should be ashamed!"

Umbridge raised her thin eyebrows, "For following my orders from the ministry? Are you questioning their standards, Minerva?"

"Oh, Bug off! You know exactly what you're doing! You can't treat people like this!" Eleanor had heard enough, she quickly walked  in front of Trelawney to shield her as she continued a directing harsh glare towards Dolores.

"I'm doing my job."

"—bloody hell if it's job!" Eleanor snapped back. "You should be reported!"

"Eleanor—" Minerva whispered harshly, Eleanor turned to the transfigurations professor who pulled her aside, "We've got our hands tied behind our backs, please— we don't need you being sacked as well."

Eleanor looked back at Umbridge who had a wicked smirk still spread across her face. "Anything else you'd like to proclaim your opinions about, Ms Adler? Or may I continue?"

The brunette woman shook her head, "She's not leaving."

"I'm afraid she is." Umbridge tilted her head, "Unless you wish to join her."