Part 25 :

Lucas

I paced around the waiting room, waiting for the results about Josephine.

"Lucas I'm sure she's fine ," Gigi said while on her phone .

"youn know that you didn't see her ." I said as I continued.

"whatever happened probably would explain why she's been so sick these last couple days ." Nicole said as she rubbed honor's back as she was sleeping .

"yeah your right." I said . The doors opened and Pryce and Noel walked in .

"is she okay?" Noel asked .

"I don't know yet ." I said .

"she just had a seizure out of no where ?" Pryce asked .

"I mean she's been sick these last couple days so I guess it was all building up and I didn't pay it no mind ." I said while rubbing my hand down my face and Pryce and Noel looked at eachother.

"Lucas it's not your fault you've been taking care of Honor and Kingston you've got your hands full ." Noel said as she rubbed my shoulder .

"yeah bro nobody could've knew ." Pryce said while nodding .

"she good ?" Cortez said as his hands was in his pocket , and Nicole did a small smile and looked down .

"I don't know." I said, Noel looked at Gigi holding Kingston and mugged and picked him up , and Gigi mugged her.

"girl you betta back the fuck up ." Pryce said as he stepped in front of her .

"ain't nobody stun yo psychotic girl friend ." She said while rolling her eyes .

"Ay y'all don't start today's not the day ." I said .

"why she even here she don't even like jo." Pryce mumbled.

"Because my fiancé's here now mind yo business." she snapped .

"I-

"family of Josephine Wallace ?" A doctor came out and we walked over to him.

"that's us ." Noel said .

"Okay great there's a bunch of you." he said with a smile.

"is she okay?" I asked .

"yes she responded to most of the test fine but there was one problem I was really concerned about ." he said as he took his glasses off .

"What?" Pryce asked .

"there was a ton load of anti freeze in her system thankfully when she was having the seizure you turned her over and she got most of it out but if you wouldn't have done that she wouldn't be here today." He said .

"excuse me what is anti freeze?" Noel asked as Pryce pulled her close .

"It's something used for me cars and radiators to keep them from over freezing and over heating."

"Did she say how it got there or?" I asked .

"she says she's never used it or seen it, but it looks like she was taking it by small amounts and it was building up in her system for days up to the seizure ." he said .

"Can I talk to her ?" I asked .

"Of course room 341." he said and I shook his hand and thanked him I told everyone to let me talk to her alone first so I could figure out what was happening was she trying to commit suicide ? I knocked on the door and she said come in, in her sweet soft voice I smiled to myself and opened the door , she was sitting up with her curls everywhere she still looked beautiful I sat down and just admired her .

"you look good ." I said and she looked at me and chuckled.

"of course you'd find a way to flirt with me at a time like this ." she said while sniffing .

"it's the truth mama." I said while caressing her cheek and she turned away and I looked down .

"can you put my hair up please ." she asked .

"yeah." I said as I got up and she handed my a hair tie and I tried my best but ended up putting her hair up in a messy ponytail. "there you look 100x better ." I said playfully as I sat back down . she scooted over and patted the bed and I got up and sat next to her and she put my arm around her and she laid her head on me .

"Lucas ." she whispered.

"yeah ." I said and she looked at me and grabbed my face and kissed me I wanted to stop her but I didn't I missed her so much .

"tell me the truth ." she said as she caressed my face as her eyes got glossy.

"okay ." I said .

"did you have anything to do with it ?" She asked and I looked at her .

"no jo ." I snapped as I got up .

"if you did just tell me the truth I promise I won't get mad ." she said .

"That is the truth you think I killed Terrance ?" I asked .

"yes!" She snapped and I scoffed .

"so all that you just did was to get me to say something I didn't do huh ?" I asked .

"what can I say I learned from the best ." she said .

"that anti freeze did more than cause you to have a seizure ." I snapped and walked out of the room while slamming the door . "stupid ass girl ." I mumbled as I walked back into the waiting room and heading straight to the door .

"Lucas ?" Nicole asked and I ignored her .

"Ay man ." Pryce said as he stopped me .

"what ." I snapped .

"what's wrong? what happened ?" He said .

"it don't matter I'm done being a stay at home daddy im back in I'm taking back everything that belong to me ." I said .

"Lucas I'm happy but what about Kingston ? You know if you come back you'll have less time with him." Pryce said .

"he'll be straight jo will figure it out since she has everything else figured out ." I said and walked away to my car leaving him there . I got in my car and started it up and before pulling off I punched the steering wheel . Maybe I should have did more than what I know about Terrance's death she already thinks I did it . It's time I get back to my old life I ain't getting off focus nomo especially not fa no dumb ass broad who don't mean shit to me .

Cortez

"Wassup wit him?" I asked Pryce .

"All y'all needa get y'all shit together I'm done keeping y'all dumb ass secrets and I'm done having y'all walk over me when I'm the one making sure everybody straight ." Pryce snapped and walked away and Nicole looked at me .

"I'm so sorry ." Noel said quickly and followed him .

Fuck he got going on. Nicole started gathering Kingston and Honor and I could tell what Pryce said got to her here we go again man she was so dramatic.

"lemme help you take them home ." I offered .

"I'm good ." she mumbled.

"nicky what Pryce said-

"we should stop before one of us gets hurt you know better than me what Lucas is capable of and now that he's angry it makes it worse ." She said as she picked up Kingston .

"what you leaving me too?" I asked getting mad .

"It's for the best ." she said and pecked me on the cheek and grabbed honor's hand and walked out of the hospital and I clenched my jaw .

***

soooo damn everybody mad, Lucas back to himself sadly . 😒 I liked him better when he was happy but whatever. Pryce got a little heated and my baby dont ever get mad wth. 🥺 Nicole and Cortez finally called it quits . how did anti freeze get into jo system ?? anyways what y'all thought about this chapter? Make sure you comment and vote! 😅