Chapter 1

The Start of Something New

It had been a few days after Shinganshina fell to the hands of the Colossal Titan and Armored Titan. Eren was left without parents and Mikasa was left without guardians once again while Armin still had his gramps. For (Y/n) she didn't know whether her father had survived the attack since he couldn't be found. 

However, the news had reached the inner walls of Sina and she received a letter from her brother that he was on his way to pick her up from Trost and take her back to Sina with him. She wanted to refuse his proposal because she didn't want to leave her friends, but since she was still very much a child she had no choice but to oblige. At least she still somehow had the small kitten she found.

"We can kidnap you so you don't have to leave us," Eren said, his once happy expression gone and replaced by one of sadness, "We're a family, you can't leave us like this."

"I'm so sorry, it isn't my choice to make to stay or go," replied the devastated girl, "I wish I could stay here with you guys, but I have to go."

The four friends stared at each other, tears streaming down their cheeks as they realized they might never see each other again. They all came together, softly crying, and hugged each other. It was terrible for them to split after all the events that happened. 

"Take care of (c/n)" Armin whispered, sadden that both his friend and kitten were leaving.

"(Y/n), it's time to go," a soft, male voice said from behind the children. They separated to look up at the man who was taking away their friend. He had dark brown hair much like (Y/n)'s mother and had the same black eyes. 

"I know, this isn't the end! We'll definitely meet again!" (Y/n) stated with a large smile, trying to hold back all her tears that were threatening to come rushing out of her (e/c) eyes, "I promise."

They couldn't reply, all they could do was stare as their friend was being tugged away by the brown-haired man towards a tall, pure white horse. He grabbed onto her and placed her on top of the horse before he mounted his horse behind the now crying girl. He clicked his tongue and the horse started walking away, exiting the gates of Trost to make its way to Stohess.

"I'm sorry I have to take you away from your friends like this, but since mom is dead and father can't be found you are my responsibility" the man stated as he frowned at his crying sister.

"I know, but they're also my family" the girl mumbles as she wipes away her tears.

"There is no use crying, for now, just look towards the future and you will surely meet them once again," he said trying to cheer up the girl.

"I'll try to do that" the girl mumbles as she stares at the green fields that were covered with wildflowers.

"Plus you're going to love Stohess, it's very different from Shinganshina. I know how much you love to paint and Stohess is known for their art," he said with a hopeful smile on his face. The girl looked up at him, (e/c) eyes meeting black eyes. She noticed how there were bags under his eyes and how his eyes had a small tint of red which was a sign that he had been crying. They both lost the person they cared most about and they both had to be strong.

"Let's be strong for each other, (Y/n)" he said patting the girl's head and they both stared up ahead knowing they had a long journey before they could reach Stohess.

*Warning: Mentions of Prostitution, Abuse, and Gore*

A month had passed since (Y/n) had arrived at Stohess and started living with her brother, Caleb and (c/n). Since he had to take care of her, he started taking the night shift with the Military Police so they could spend their afternoons together. She quickly came accustomed to the rich culture of Stohess, but something about the smiles the rich people wore made (Y/n) want to gag. It was as if they were all hiding something.