Extra #1 - My oldest friend

A whirling noise began to blare out as a shining light came through Lucio's dorm window and into his face, waking him up from his sleep. "Rise and shine, everyone!", A deep voice called out from multiple intercoms around the apartment building. "Today is the big day, and I hope none of you miss the performance I'll be showin'. Today will be marked in Octarian history! We will all finally rise up and take revenge on those meddling squids! Don't forget to bring snacks.", the voice continued to call out as it cut off. Lucio sat up from his bed as he rubbed his eyes a bit, trying to wake up his own mind. "Woo, big day...", Lucio told himself sluggishly.

Multiple apartment doors swung open outside his room as he heard his fellow Octoling soldiers make their way to...whatever they were assigned to do. Lucio was never really the talkative type around his coworkers. He thought they were all too aggressive, or too malicious for him to tolerate. Either way, he always knew he worked best either by himself, or with the ones he trusted most, which were three others that were also a part of the Octarian army and just so happened to be grouped up in the same division: His brother, Adrien, the protege, Ida, and the skilled fighter, Valo.

Thinking of what might happen between them today, he got up from his bed and readied himself for the day, including brushing his teeth and changing into his Octoling uniform. He was always told to wear the Octoling Goggles on his face, but since he was not out fighting, he wore them around his neck. They were too uncomfortable for him to wear, anyway. He headed out of the dorm and headed outside to Octo Valley. The large panels on the underground walls of his home showed a beautiful cloudy blue sky. He smiled at the sight, though still wondered how this sky would really look like, instead of looking at a simple screen. Soon enough, he will.

After having a pretty unpleasant breakfast, Lucio made his way to the spot where he would most likely meet up with Ida: Slimeskin Garrison, where most of the technological work was done. It was still pretty early in the morning, so he wouldn't be surprised if she was not here yet. Her shift did start much later than his own. However, he noticed that, on top of a Flooder, Ida was already at work, fixing a few things on the fully automated cleaning weapon. She was wearing the same uniform he was, along with the Octoling Goggles on her face. Even if she was several years younger than him, she definitely knew what she was doing. "Why are you up so early, young lady!?", Lucio called out to her as she looked down at him, then began giggling. "Good morning to you too!", Ida called back out as the wheels on the Flooder began to lower slightly. "I was making sure this thing was ready for after today.", she explained as she sat in the edge of the Flooder, letting her feet dangle over it.

"Well, you sure look excited!", Lucio commented as she laughed. "How can I not? We'll finally make it to the surface and show the Inklings who's boss.", Ida exclaimed as footsteps were heard behind Lucio. "Better time than never to celebrate!", a male voice told them both as a young Octoling boy, about Ida's age, approached them with four bags of Chirpy brand fish chips. He wore the same Octoling armor as Lucio, but his hair was stylized as an afro, and on that same afro, a golden toothpick was poking out from behind, as if it were piercing through a meatball. "I snuck these out from the cafeteria for all of us.", he added.

Ida chuckled. "Now we're talking! Thank you, Dalo!", she exclaimed as she let herself drop down from the Flooder. "I-It's Valo.", he replied a bit ironically as he tossed one of the bags towards her, which she caught, then sat down on the spot. Valo then walked over to Lucio and tossed him his bag of chips. "So how's your brother?", Valo asked him as Lucio caught his bag and sighed. "Adrien told me he'd be leading the frontlines of defense in Bluefin Depot. That was yesterday and..I haven't heard from him since.", Lucio told him. "Well, I hope he's alright. We wouldn't want him to miss the great performance.", Valo responded as both of them sat down where Ida was, who was already eating her chips. "Nah, I'm sure he's fine.", Lucio replied confidently, only to disguise the doubts he was really hiding. "Either way, more chips for me!", Valo commented excitedly, sitting down with the group.