Micah Bell: Insecure Part 2

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Summary: You and Micah have to camp out after a job gone south and Micah continues to work on breaking down your insecurities.

WARNINGS: Smut/NSFW,

Word Count: 2400

Since you were the only person who got along with Micah, you were dating after all, Dutch had sent you on a job with him. And, of course, it didn't go smoothly. Even when you were around, Micah couldn't stop himself from getting out of hand and just shooting someone.

Which is how you ended up having to jump on your horses and get out of there. The two of you ending up being chased by the law, but you knew you could handle it.

A another gun shot rang out and you let out a sharp noise of pain when you felt a bullet hit you in the arm, making you lose control of the reins for a moment. But your horse stayed calm and kept but with Micah and Baylock as you regained control.

The sound instantly caught Micah's attention, making him look at you. If it had been anyone else, he probably wouldn't have even spared a glance. He could already see the blood on the sleeve of your shirt but you gave him a reassuring nod, but now Micah was filled with a whole new determination to get out of sight.

Eventually the sounds of your pursuers faded behind you and you were out of sight. The two of you rode a little longer before you couldn't hear them at all.

"Are you alright?" Micah asked, steering the horses off of the road.

"Yeah..." you assured him, even as you winced in pain.

"We shouldn't head back to the camp yet...we'll set up somewhere for the night and head back in the morning, just in case the law are still looking for us" Micah suggested and you agreed that it was for the best.

The two of you kept riding until you found a small opening among the trees that was just perfect for setting up a small camp, which was good timing since evening was creeping up on you both.

Micah dismounted Baylock and, before you could dismount your own horse, he was by your side.

"I can manage" you assured him even as he reached up and took you by the waist.

"Just let me help" Micah mumbled as he lifted you down and set you on your feet. "I'll set up the camp, you just sit down and put pressure on the wound" he told you, not sounding like he was leaving any room for an argument.

"Are you sure? I can help" you asked, knowing it wasn't like him to offer to  do all the work, not when that work wasn't violent anyway.

"It's not that hard, just sit and be quiet" Micah ordered, making you chuckle to yourself as you sat down on a rock just on the edge of the clearing.

You kept a hand on your arm, applying pressure to your wound, as you watched Micah set up the makeshift camp and set up a little campfire. Once he was finished, he walked over to you.

"Let me look at your arm" Micah demanded, still sounding a little harsh even when he's trying to make sure you're alright.

"I don't think it's that bad, I wasn't actually shot" you assured him as he pried your hand away from the wound.

"...yeah, more of a graze than anything. It just caught ya. But it's bleeding, needs to be tended to" Micah told you as he examined the wound.

You moved to sit in front of the campfire while Micah went to grab some things from Baylock's saddlebags.

"Alright, you gotta take your shirt off so I can get to it" Micah told you as he returned. You blushed slightly and he noticed your hesitation. "C'mon sweetheart, ain't nothin' I haven't seen before" he reminded you, trying to stay patient. He didn't like how insecure you were, he didn't understand it, and he absolutely hated that you were even insecure in front of him.