Chapter 39: LYNN

Right now Laura and I are lying down in my bed. She told me everything: The pain she experienced on the day of my cancer diagnosis, how it went and come, how it became so unbearable that she and George went to the cardiologist, her Ct. Scan, her own diagnosis in short she told me every single detail. Not keeping anything to herself. I still can't believe that she kept this all with her for so long. I wish she didn't, I wish she told all of us the day she herself found out. But I am okay that she told someone in the family though now I would have to pretend that everything is fine even though it isn't.

"Are you angry?" I asked her because I felt so bad for all the horrible things I said to her even though I didn't really meant any of them.

"I am not angry Lynn I am just hurt. There is a difference." 

"I am sorry na," I said as I snuggled into her even more.

"Okay fine just don't say things like this again," she said into my hair and I could already feel that she is smiling.

Mom and Dad just at that moment opened up the bedroom and I shut my eyes half shut just like Laura did. If they just saw us from the outside like this they would think that everything is alright, that both of their daughters didn't have a meltdown just ten minutes ago, that both of them are sick, that both of their lives and future isn't secure, that they themselves would be having a breakdown soon.

"Is it true that you didn't mean anything?" Laura asks me once mom and dad closed the door.

"Nope,"

"Good," she smiled and I laughed at her innocence that even though she literally is on death bed she still cares about how I feel and she just needs a guarantee that I still love her that I am still her best friend I always was.

But no really the way that she cried on my shoulder for five minutes straight before even drawing her breath scared me. I didn't know how vulnerable she could. She always was the strongest among our family. I guess it is true that no matter how strong a person appears their heart is still fragile.

Hey! just a quick message: Always treat people with kindness because the worst pain is getting hurt by the person you explained your pain to.

(Lol yes i am okay)