Bloom

Anais' pov
I walked up to the roof top of the hotel. I take a deep breath and look around, it's been a few weeks and the extermination date grows closer and closer by the days passing.

I let out a frustrated sigh, I know I'm in high protection by my step grandfather and my lord..but I couldn't help but feel....scared.

"What are you doing here, hun?" A male voice said, I jumped, not expecting anyone to be awake. "Just thinking." Jack our his hand on my waist and pull me to him.

"I know you're scared, babe. You know you can leave if you need to." Jack reassured me. We had been dating...secretly. Only Angel Dust knows, he's my most and only trusted (best) friend I have.

"I know, but I wont." I wink at him, Jack smirked and kissed my forehead. "I'll protect you." Jack hugged me. "You don't think an angel like me can protect myself?" I ask.

"Well...ummmm.." Jack stutters, I laugh. "I'll be fine, I promise." I put up my pinky out for him to wrap his with mine to make it official.

"Alright." He smiled, we both look at the dark red sky that was mixed with black. We both stood there looking at the sky.

I wasn't sure if I would be fine. I was always trying so hard to mentally prepare myself for when the extermination begins.

It's in 10 days!

Jack looked at me and put his finger under my chin. Our faces nearly touched and I stated to get red, he gets close and our noses touch.

I start getting even redder, I felt my hands shake a hit. We hadn't kissed yet since we dated. We wanted to take things slow.

He closed his eyes and I did too. When our lips touched, I can hear a poof sound all around me. Jack seemed to notice because he pulled away from our kiss and looked around.

I look up to see flowers around us, all sorts of flowers. "I-ignore those..." I said embarrassed, I didn't know why they popped out, but they did.

"Interesting choice of flowers. Some are exotic and some are wild." Jack says and grabbed a flower and smelled it. "This one smells like you." He said with a smile.

"I always smell like flowers." I tuck away a strand of hair. He nods, "Ana, I-" Jack was cut off by a door being slammed open.

"Ana?! Jack!" My dad said Jacks name in an angry way and with mine with confusion. I tried stopping him before he did anything.

"W-we didn't do anything! We-we were just talking!" I wave my hands to get him to calm down.

"Flowers appeared in our room and when I walked out, there was more! So what did he do to you?" Dad asked, I glance behind him and sure enough see a trail of petals.

"I kissed her." Jack said calmly putting an arm around my shoulder. "You did what?" Dad asked...maybe demanded.

"I love your daughter, and she loves me." Jack rubbed my shoulder, I look at him confused and worried for him, for what was about to happen.

Dad punched him in the stomach, Jack feel to the ground and I immediately went to him. "Dad....please. I really do love him." My eyes started to tear up.

"No, you can't be with a demon! He's just like me, he can't be redeemed!" Dad argues at me but didn't raise his voice. "Please...Ana...just go and I'll deal with this." Dad softly told me.

I stood up and got out of there. I ran to my room and cried. I fell to ground in front of my door and tried silencing my cries.

"Anai?" A familiar and tired voice asked from behind the door. "Angel?" I asked, wanting to confirm it was my best friend. "Yeah, are you okay?" He asked. I get up and open the door.

"Oh, kid." Once he saw me he got inside and closed the door. I hugged him and cried, my tears seeping  through his red velvety robe.

"I'm..I'm sorry. I'm ruining your robe." I apologize once I was able to speak. "I don't care about that. What happened? Did your dad find out?" He asked, I nod.

"I guess he didn't take it well." Angel said softly, he was rubbing my head. "Tell me about it kid." We both sat on my bed and I let it all out.

Alastor's pov
Jack was across from my desk, I gave him stern look but sighed. He was sulking, I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I'm sorry, Jack. But I can't let you get anywhere near my daughter. She doesn't even know the crimes you committed." I start off with.

He looked up at me, he looked upset at me. "I'm going to have to let you go." Once I said this his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes narrowed at me.

"What? I need this fucking job. I don't have a place to stay! The extermination day is almost close and I can't-" I wave my hand.

"I don't want a demon like you getting near an angel like my daughter. She thinks she can help you but she can't. Have you even told her that you were an angel before?" I asked.

Jack shakes his head, I let out a frustrated sigh. "My point exactly. I bet you're using her, for what? A free pass to get back up there because your life sucks ass down here?" I asked.

"Fuck. You." He got up and walked out of my office. He slammed the door and I hear his footsteps.

I hear a knock after I hear another door slam, I assumed it was Jack. "Come in." The door opened and there Charlie appears.

"She's feeling better, but she wants to talk to you." Charlie said once she was close to my desk. I nod and get up, "Go easy on her. She doesn't like it when you yell." Charlie grabbed my hand when I opened the door.

I nod and give her a quick kiss on the cheek.