Chapter 69

Kiya King | KY |
Houston, Texas

"Oh hey, I didn't think you were coming." Thomas said letting me in the house.

"Yeah, Nari suggested that i did." I nodded.

"Well, im glad you came, i told your mama to invite you but she said you wouldn't come." He said. Of course she did.

"Well, i did." I chuckled.

"Well come on, i want you to meet my brother, Nari met him when he first git here." He said.

"Okedoke." I said following behind him. We stepped into the kitchen and i locked face with a very familiar face.

"Kiya, this my brother Blake, Blake this is Anita's daughter Kiya." Thomas introduced and i was stuck. This man looked so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Nice to meet you said." He said with a grin. Fuck he grinning for.

"Nice to meet you too." I said with a head nod before going take a seat next to Nari.

"Hey Kiya." My mama said.

"Wassup." I said giving her a head nod.

"Did i miss anything?" I asked Nari.

"No, not really." She shrugged.

"Kiya, you should've brought your boyfriend i haven't seen him in a good minute." My mama said trying to be fake. Girl you don't even fwm.

"He's busy." I said keeping it simple.

"Well hows everything going, you getting your shop started?" She asked.

"Nah, its being postponed." I said starting to eat my food that Thomas had just made for me.

"Why?" She asked sounding concerned.

"Well, my granny has cancer so im putting my money towards her at the moment." I confessed.

"You should've told me something." She said sounding genuine.

"Hey Kiya." Thomas daughter said waving. Damn it i forgot her name.

"Hey." I smiled.

"So how you been Thomas?" I asked.

"Good, tryna get the baby room together." He said with a smile. I could tell he was happy he was about to have another baby.

"Thats good." I nodded. I felt like someone was staring at me and i turned my head  making eye contact with Blake.

"Kiya right?" He asked and i nodded.

"So, what do you do for a livin, in school?" He asked with a small smirk. What is he smirking for?

"Nah, and i do hair." I said squinting my eyes because where do i know this man fro-.

Oh

My

Fucking-

My head snapped toward my lap and i pulled my phone out and started texting Kamari.

"Really? That's something you always wanted to do?" He asked. Just be normal Kiya.

"Yeah." I said keeping it short.

"Be safe, alotta young people don't make it to live there dreams." He muttered. Thats a threat? Yup, Kiya thats a threat.

"Blake." Thomas said sternly.

"Im just being honest." He shrugged.

Baybe🥵