30 :: redos & no turning back

9 chapters left ):

♡♡♡

"W-Wait Jimin, I-I don't think I-I can do this," Taehyung swallowed, wrist aching dully in Jimin's tight grip as the older dragged him along toward the gym appearing in the distance.

"What do you mean we can't?" Jimin asked, brows furrowed. The duo came to a stop, and when he finally faced him, Jimin's features eased when he realized he was hurting Taehyung.

"Fuck, I'm sorry," He scratched the side of his neck, dropping his wrist carefully. "I got carried away."

"S'fine," The younger murmured softly, rubbing his wrist, shoulders sagging while his gaze fixated on the ground. "It doesn't hurt as much." He said sadly.

Doesn't hurt as much as losing Jeongguk, he wanted to say, but he knew if he spoke up, he would start crying. He could already feel that oh-so familiar burn stinging behind his eyes, the walls holding back the flood of his tears cracking beneath the pressure.

"God Taehyung," Jimin sighed upon hearing the younger's quiet sniffles. "If we don't do this, it's gonna hurt even worse. The longer you don't talk, the more your heart will break."

"But what if I want my heart to break?" He sulked, hands falling limp in front of him along with his confidence.

"What if my heart is already broken?"

"Don't be like this," Jimin placed his hands on his own hips. "If you two idiots talk, then there will be no more broken hearts! Everybody will be fixed and happy and what not."

"You guys can go back to being two little shits in love!"

"Or I could just go back to feeling like shit," Taehyung whispered, laughter broken to pieces as the sound forced itself from his tight throat. Jimin rolled his eyes, fighting the frown on his lips.

"Tae," The blonde repeated, tone softening when he noticed Taehyung's shoulders began to tremble. He swallowed, reaching over and placing his hand on his shoulder.

"I c-can't talk to him. W-What if he doesn't want me anymore?" Taehyung said, sniffling over his words. "What if h-he's so mad at me? What i-if he decides I'm too difficult to be with?

"What if w-we end up breaking up?"

"Nobody's going to break up," Jimin squeezed his shoulder. "Not on my watch," He added softly, too soft for the younger to pick up. 

"Like I said, Jeongguk's an idiot. He's a fucking idiot, alright? This isn't just your fault. Both of you need to figure this out, and you will. Jeongguk and you will get through this," Jimin stressed.

"Y-You're just saying that," Taehyung breathed out, chest rising and falling unevenly, feeling himself slip further and further into his own self-loathing. "He p-probably never loved me."

"Okay, that's just bullshit now," Jimin grabbed him by the shoulders, shaking him a little. "How many times do I have to tell you that you are the only fucking planet that matters to Jeongguk? Scratch that, Tae, you are his whole entire solar system."

"You are the fucking sun, his stars, and everything else in his goddamn universe. Sure, maybe volleyball created his galaxy, but you are the thing that gives him a purpose to exist," Jimin cried out.