Damned if You Do, Damned if You Don't

Loki's magic and your skill with a sword made you assets to the Avengers. The team were fighting some Hydra agents in the middle of a snow covered forest. You were fiercely fighting some goons and were just about finished with one guy when you felt a sharp pain rip through your shoulder. You slowly looked down at the blood beginning to spread through your shirt. You turn you head to see a Hydra agent behind you just as he pulled out the knife that was lodged between your spine and shoulder blade. You collapse to your knees in the now red stained snow. "(Y/N)!!!" Loki screams rushing to your aid. He snaps the neck of the guy that stabbed you then crouches in the snow by your side. "Stay with me my love. You're going to be ok." He breathes as he applies pressure to your wound. Your blood was still pouring out of your flesh covering Loki's hands. "This is it for me Loki. I'm not going to make it. I love you so much. Thank you for everything." You wheeze slowly bringing your hand up to his cheek. "No (Y/N) no time for goodbyes." He says as tears stream down his face. Loki knew there was only one way to save you but he had to get you to a safe place first. He teleported you to the jet and gently placed you on the medical exam table. Your body is starting to get cold to his touch and he worked quickly. The last thing you saw before passing out was a green shimmer enter your body. Loki transferred his magic to you. Your unconscious body possessed the full power of Loki God of Mischief.

Loki collapses in the seat next to the table. The transfer drained him but he still had a tight grip on your hand. Once the fight was won the team heads back to the Avengers compound. You stay in the medical unit for a few days to allow your body and Loki's power to heal your wound. "How are you feeling little one?" Loki asks as he caresses your cheek. "Better then yesterday. How are you doing? You should get some rest." "I'm fine. You just need to worry about getting better." You nod and shift in the bed. "Will it leave a nasty scar?" "Nothing too bad." He hums as he examines your stitches. "I keep getting this tingly feeling all over my body. It comes and goes. Was there nerve damage?" You ask as your body starts to twitch lightly. "Oh that's probably the magic. I transferred my powers to you to keep you alive. Once healed I'll release you from them." "So you're absolutely powerless right now?" "My magic yes but I still have my daggers." "Wait that means I can conjure stuff like you? I can make illusions?" "Yes but you're not in the best condition to try. Just rest little one. When you're better you can play around with them." He chuckles as he runs his fingers through your hair.

You're allowed out of the medical unit but you spend most of your time in your room with Loki. Your wound is healing well but you don't feel great. You're exhausted and the twitching from the magic is getting worse. You were sitting up in bed while Loki was away bring you some lunch. You sneezed and magic shot through your hands causing an illusion of yourself appear. "That's weird." You mumble and the illusion repeats. "Go away." You say shooing it away but causing more to appear. Loki walks in with a tray and stops staring at you and your clones. "What happened?" "I sneezed and one appeared then I tried to shoo them away but more showed up." You and your copies say in unison. Loki chuckles as he sets the tray down on the bed. "To make them go away you have to concentrate." He says standing next to you and guiding your hand to an extended position. "Now just think they aren't there anymore." You nod and focus on making them nonexistent. One by one they vanish. "Well done my love." He praises as he kisses the top of your head. "That was hard. How do you make it look so easy?" "Years of practice I guess. Now eat your lunch."

After you eat you fall asleep. A full belly and Loki's soothing back rubs make it hard to fight your exhaustion. While asleep Loki's magic had control over you body. It did whatever it pleased. Loki was reading on his side of the bed when the conjuring started. More illusions manifested, the room turned to a winter wonderland, your sleeping body even shapesifted. "Darling you have to wake up." He says with worry in his voice. He's gentle but frantic shakes cause you to stir. You come to with a shriek, his magic is too strong for your weakened body to handle. Your body shakes as you look up at him. "Please help me." You whimper as he holds you close. He places his hand on your head, "You have to focus little one. Give the magic back." You close your eyes and try to give it back with all your strength but the magic has other plans. Your body convulses and your tense muscles make it hard to breathe. "Oh gods." Loki breathes as he watches your skin redden from lack of oxygen. He holds you close and calls for Heimdall.

Once on Asgard he rushes you to his mother. "Mother please the magic it's killing her." He pants as tears stream down his cheeks. He places your trembling body on her bed and moves out of her way. She places her hand on your chest and your breathing returns to normal. "Hello there my dear. We will get this straightened out don't worry." She coos before turning to Loki. "How did you transfer your magic?" "There was a fight. She was stabbed and bleeding out. She would have died." "Did you have her blood on your hands?" Loki nods and Frigga sighs. "That complicates things." "Why? That's wrong?" "You made a blood transfer. That's why the magic is so strong. That's why her body can't handle it." "What do we do?" "Her blood has to be on your hands again to take the magic back. You have to hurt her." "What? No mother I can't hurt her." He whimpers as more tears roll down his pale cheeks. "It's the only way Loki. The magic will kill her. I know this is hard but time is running out." She says pulling him into a hug. He nods against her and turns to your shaking body. "Do what you need to Loki. This hurts." You breathe as he holds your hand tight. "I'll get the healers." Frigga says as she takes her leave. "I don't want to hurt you little one. I'm so sorry." "It will be ok Loki."

Frigga returns with 2 healers and gestures to Loki to start. He sighs as he pulls out the dagger he keeps sheathed in his boot. "Are you ready?" He asks as he turns your hand so the palm is up. You nod and he kisses your hand. He takes the sharp blade and cuts onto your flesh. You whimper and try to pull your hand away but Frigga catches your elbow. "It's the only way darling. I'm sorry." You feel the warm liquid pool and start to roll down your fingers. Loki holds your hand tight to get the blood on it. With his free one he places it on your forehead. "Now give the magic back my love." In an instant your body stops shaking and relaxes. You watch the green shimmer leave you and return to Loki. He slumps over but Frigga catches him before he hits the floor. "Take care of her. I got him." She says to the healers. They clean your hand and bandage it up while Frigga gets Loki's limp body in a chair.

"Will he be ok?" You ask trying to sit up. The healers gently push you back down on the bed. "He will be fine you need to rest. These transfers aren't easy on the body. Especially yours since you were injured before getting here." Frigga says as she sits down on a couch and begins to read. "Thank you mother." "Not a problem dear. I'm glad you are safe." You nod and get comfortable in her bed and rest a while. Loki comes to and looks over at your peaceful sleeping face. "It worked." He sighs as he turns to his mother. "It sure did, but you must be careful with these things. (Y/N)'s body can't handle your magic's strength." " I understand. She will be ok right?" "Yes my son she will be fine. She may be weak for a few days so just take care of her alright." "Of course. May I take her to my room now?" Frigga nods and Loki scoops you up in his arms.

He gently places you on his bed and cuddles you close. "I'm so glad you are safe little one. I don't know what I would do with out you." He whispers into your skin as his grip tightens. "Loki?" You mumble as you begin to stir. "Yes my love?" You roll over to face him. You cup his cheek in your hand and he leans into it. "Are you ok?" "Yes (Y/N) I'm alright." "Your magic is back?" "Yep. See." He chuckles as he conjures up a box of chocolates. "That's good. Ooo my favorite. You're such a show off." You giggle as he holds a chocolate up to you lips. You open your mouth for him to feed it to you. As you're chewing he steals a kiss. "Thief." You playfully grumble before cuddling closer to his chest. "Sorry couldn't help myself. Your lips were just begging to be kissed." He teases running his fingers through your hair. You pull away to look up at him. "Thank you Loki. For everything." "Of course my sweet. I'm sorry about your hand and the pain my magic caused though." "Oh Loki don't worry about that. You had to do it to save my life. Now I don't want to hear another word about what you had to do." You say sternly and he nods. Loki takes your bandaged hand and gently kisses it then kisses your shoulder just above your stitches. "You silly man." You giggle before pressing your lips to his. "I love you so much (Y/N)." He breathes after your kiss. "I love you Loki. Now let's get some rest. Mother said we are going it need it." You sigh as you snuggle into his chest. With a snap he conjures your clothes into pajamas and he into just his boxers. You leave light kisses on you bare chest that causes him to laugh. "Thought we were supposed to be resting little one?" "I will after I give you the kisses you deserve." "Gods you're adorable." You giggle and swing your leg over his hip as he pulls the blanket over you both. You are out like a light and Loki follows closely behind.