Chapter 40

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

A/N: Well, I did say I was going to write two chapters today, but I kind of slept early and have forgotten to publish this one.

Anyways, this chapter will change from one POV to another, so take note who's POV it is because you might get confused.

Last remaining chapters, everyone 🥰

----------
Fitz's POV (1st person)
----------

I honestly never thought Sophie would still prepare all of these when she was struggling with the remaining time left.

The moment she handed her bag to me, everyone else left except Mr. Forkle who told me to open it right there and then.

After he lightleaped away, I did what I was told, and I immediately saw a note on top of everything else.

Fitz,

Place all of these under the tree- the memory logs together with the scroll addressed for the person.

I simply did as I was told, after all, I'm going to fetch everyone back in Everglen.

It was only after putting every last one of it that I realized I also had one for myself.

It was almost 11 by that time, so I decided to place it there as well and read it the same time they do.

----------

When I told them to use me as punching bags, that was a sincere statement.

I don't mind, because I know they'll have a lot of unanswered questions and have to blame someone for what they're feeling right now.

Besides, being punched by these guys can't compare to the pain Sophie have to experience.

I went to sit somewhere and read the letter adressed for me. I thought I wouldn't cry tonight, as I tried to send her off with a smile.

But I guess a simple letter from her brings down the facade I've tried hard to build.

I didn't realized I was crying myself, not until I heard myself sob and see the tears on the scroll.

I truly believe I don't have the right to cry anymore, because I've cried with Sophie all throughout the time we've been keeping this as a secret.

Yet, I still ended up crying.

I actually don't want to open the memory log right now, because if I do, I wouldn't be able to take it.

I looked at them, intently reading the scrolls Sophie gave them.

That's when I took my resolve.

I'm going to fulfill my promise to her, starting now.

----------
Tam's POV (1st person)
----------

What. The. Hell?

She was hiding this to herself all along?

I was there, literally close to her, and I didn't even noticed a thing?

Maybe I did, but because she's been so good at hiding it that I didn't want to push her out of it.

I thought she was just having some personal problems, especially since she has a lot to worry about after that incident.

I thought-

No.

I shouldn't be making excuses.