Burning Hell

-Damon-

"And of course I broke into the oval office and took a picture of myself looking all JFK. But then I was like, wait, 'how am I supposed to get these photos developed?'" Kai stated in amusement as he told me some boring ass story.

"Oh my god, just answer the damn question." I said loudly in annoyance. "How are we gonna get out of this damn twilight zone?" I asked, tilting my head at him as he sat in the chair across from me.

"I have a question for you first. Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10, 1994?" Kai countered and I scoffed and looked away from him. "Doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever and ever?" He asked dramatically.

"How the hell should I know?" I pointed out, raising my eyebrows and drinking from the glass of bourbon I had in my hand.

"Well, I heard you tell Bonnie that this was your own hell. Curious why." Kai stated and I sighed narrowed my eyes at him as Bonnie came into the room.

"I found everything you asked for." Bonnie stated with a small bag of things. "Can opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam.." She informed, setting the bag on the coffee table in front of us and Kai smirked at her. "Pocket knife, volume 1 of the encyclopedia, a nail and a black marker." Bonnie stated as she opened her bag and pulled everything out. "Now what?" She asked, raising her eyebrow towards him.

"Can't show you with my hands taped." Kai answered, gesturing his head towards the wrists that were wrapped around the arms of the chair he sat in. Bonnie looked at me and sighed in annoyance before she grabbed the knife and walked over to him.

"Bonnie—" I started in protest but she already cut the tape on one of Kai's hands before cutting the other. "Okay. Fine. How's this crap gonna get us out?" I asked gesturing at the things on the coffee table.

"I'll explain as soon as you tell me what you did on May 10, 1994." Kai countered, running his hands over his now free wrists.

"What difference does it make?" I asked, scoffing in frustration and annoyance.

"Put it this way: Bonnie's magic is part of the equation. My-as yet, undisclosed knowledge is the other. Which means, you would be hitching a ride home for free." Kai stated raising his eyebrow and Bonnie sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I just want to know if you deserve to come along." He added with a small shrug before I quickly grabbed the knife from Bonnie and took Kai's jacket collar in my hand, standing him up.

"Or, maybe I could torture you until you say something useful." I suggested, gesturing the knife threateningly towards him with a small smirk.

"If you torture me, I'll get mad and then I won't want to help you." Kai pointed out in defense and I sighed in annoyance. "What kind of person needs that explained to them?" He asked Bonnie in disbelief before she slowly grabbed the knife from me and I scoffed, letting go of him and making him chuckle.

"Play nice." Bonnie warned quietly towards me and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop trying to impress the new guy." I fired back angrily and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why don't you just tell him your story?" Bonnie countered and I scoffed back at her.

"Maybe because I don't want to talk about the worst thing I ever did." I answered emotionlessly and watched as she rose her eyebrow.

"Ooh." Kai added in amusement from behind us, now sitting on the couch and holding the jar of jam in his hand. "Now I'm listening." He added, opening the jar before taking some in his hand and shoving it in his mouth.