t w e n t y • t w o

ミ★
twenty-two
❝working it out❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ミ★ twenty-two❝working it out❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The fitness center is packed full of Loomis students; all of the machines and equipment are being used, and lines have begun to form at the water fountains and sanitizing stations. I feel out of place next to members of the hockey, lacrosse, and football team. Their white and grey Loomis shirts indicate their unity as a team; however, when I finally find my fellow L'ange de Noël castmates working out together towards the back, our casual attire causes us to blend in with everyone else.

I release a deep breath of assurance for myself before I approach familiar faces. Although there is music playing all throughout the fitness center, once I join my fellow dancers, I can hear the soundtrack playing from a small speaker on the ground. Given how I left the last practice, I'm not surprised that my castmates give me double glances as I approach Jimin, who is laughing around with Hoseok by the bicep machine.

"Hello," I greet them unenthusiastically.

My mind is reeling with the conversation I had with Jungkook. He was acting. . . frantic. In my months of knowing him, it has been rare to see him that way. It's making me think that doing what he says in forgetting about Hana's mishap would actually be what is best— but I want to know why. Sitting back and being passive is not the way I'm going to handle my life anymore. I will find out. . . somehow.

Jimin's eyes widen at my appearance when I place my bag down next to him. His hands drop from the machine and the weights make a loud bang from his withdrawal.

"Eunha," he gapes. "How are you? Are you okay? What happen—your hair!"

His hand lifts and he gestures at my new look. Jimin seems at a loss for words in deciding what to ask me by the way his eyes are roaming every inch of me. I smile at the enthusiasm of my friend; his facial expressions looks sincere, and it seems that there is truth behind his worry. Does he know about Hana? I'm unsure.

"I wanted something different."

There is truth in that statement. I am different. I tuck my newly short strands behind my ears and straighten my posture.

"I can see that," he nods. "It looks hot."

Hoseok joins in on our conversation. "Are you better now? Can you condition with Jimin?"

I kneel down to my bag and unzip it. My hands are rummaging through my ballet things before I realize that I don't have my sneakers in here. I freeze for a moment. They're in my dorm. I bite my lip in a burst of frustration; do I go back there? My dorm? Why would I voluntarily place myself in that room with her? If she doesn't remember, what is the problem. . .? I blink out of my thoughts, feeling the stare of the two men above me.