5. DRAMA DRAMA

05 : drama drama

05 : drama drama

first person.
VALERIE

I WONDER HOW it truly feels to be beautiful.

My eyes scrutinized the pocket mirror Ben entrusted me with, he was wrong to believe that I'd feel beautiful just by glimpsing at my reflection on a portable mirror. For me a mirror allowed me to respectively see all my flaws, one by one I could write a list of what I dislike about my face.

But before I could stare at my reflection further, somebody yanks the mirror away from me. I look up to find Zenith gripping the mirror with a dismal look as his fingers traced the floral pattern engraved on to the mirror.

His eyes gleam softly under the light. Without speaking he drops the pocket mirror on my desk, veering around almost immediately. The door opens to reveal a worried Ben, his eyes scour the entire classroom before falling on to me, without question, he rushes towards me.

"Valerie," he breathes out, his chest rising up and down. However before he could speak, he notices Zenith sitting silently in front of me with his earphones in. His shoulders tense evidently, the temperature in the room seemed to plummet as Ben remained frozen. He seemed bothered by the presence of Zenith.

Ignoring Zenith, Ben glances at me. His eyes were filled with guilt. "I'm sorry about earlier, it's just that Atlas is very protective of who becomes my Friend because of a situation that occurred a year back, " his words were laced with verity as he peeked at Zenith through the corner of his eye. "I was friends with a girl who seemed to be trustworthy but after a big incident, her true Identity uncovered, leaving me to become an utter mess."

Tears seemed to well up in his eyes as he continued. "I started to think about awful things, at that point of time I felt like my life didn't really matter anymore. All I felt was pain and I wanted to end that pain once and for all but then Atlas stopped me." his tone grew rigid, from my peripheral vision I could notice Zenith clenching his fists tightly.